Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Internet connection on Wifi issue after an update

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 11:43 PM)
ShadiRaz
Apprentice
Options

Hi All, 

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ which I bought it more than a year ago here in Australia. Few days ago I received a  notification for a new update which I let it updated.

however, after update I have issue with internet on the wifi. It shows wifi is connected , but internet is not. Sometimes also wifi icon shows the internet is disconnected but sometimes doesn't. When I go to connection and disconnect and connect back wifi internet get connected. sometimes it get disconnected after few min, sometimes it stay longer but when I leave the device again it get disconnected from internet. As I mentioned  wifi is connected all time and it is just internet. I checked the setting and compared it with other Samsung mobiles/tablets and it looks ok.

P.S. 4G connection works fine. Also other Samsung and non Samsung devises and  work perfectly. 

***Update ***

Hi All, 

I did factory reset and it didn't resolve the problem. Also I took it to Samsung shop but they were not able to find the issue and the suspect it is related to the update as mobile itself is fine.

I still have problem. 

**** Final update ******

I finally found  below thread :

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/S20-FE-losing-WiFi-connection-constantly/m-p/1464407#...

and used below suggestion which resolved my issue:

• Re: S20 FE losing WiFi connection constantly

Not sure it'll work but you may try going to the phone keypad and typing 

*#2663#

Then refresh Wi-Fi connection.  Since I have the same phone you might as well tap the TSP update to fix - doubtful it will - the y terrible touch screen Samsung put on these phones.  Wi-Fi refresh though should work.

I am so disappointed as this is a known issue for a while but Samsung didn't resolve it and even the Samsung guys in Sydney didn't know about it so didn't know how to fix it!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ShadiRaz
Apprentice
Options

I updated the massage with solution.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Danny24d
Explorer
Options
hi. you can check again in settings for an option about saving battery and maybe that why when you don't use the phone it disconnected to save consumption. i am sure that is an option but i can't remember steps, you can try that. if i remember exactly steps i will update you
0 Likes
ShadiRaz
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Many thanks for reply. Yes I did check and there was no change in settings.  😞

0 Likes
Solution
ShadiRaz
Apprentice
Options

I updated the massage with solution.

0 Likes
dede96
First Poster
Options

i bought a new samsung phone a few days ago and after an os update, i've been losing my mind trying to find out why my phone wasn't connecting to my wifi. thank you so so much if you ever see this :')

doing the process twice helped solve the problem for me!

0 Likes