Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'HostManager keeps stopping' pop up message

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 10:44 AM)
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm on the Samsung Note 10 plus on UK EE... received software updates while I was working, my battery level was very high so let the updates go through.

Anyway after this update went through I keep getting a pop up box every few minutes stating "HostManager keeps stopping"

I've closed the app, sent feedback and checked App Info where I've cleared the app's cache and memory but the error message still pops up.

I am not sure what this app is... I don't recall downloading it so I'm guessing it is part of the Samsung setup and associated with Samsung Gear or Wearables. Anyone else getting this issue after software update today (02/02/21)? It has happened twice while completing this question / post. I don't use any wearable smart products so can I just uninstall it? Looks like this update is causing issues with this HostManager app.

Thanks for your help.

* Update, the pop up was getting very bad so I just ended up uninstalling it. I've not had a Samsung update that glitchy for a very long time, I prefer patience and quality rather than being quick and fast roll out updates. I have no plans to get any wearables in the future and the pop ups have stopped now so I should be okay... hopefully... I should really give myself a solution tick to boost my solution figures for this forum.....

8 REPLIES 8
thanquol
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues, the difference is that I'm using a watch and a headset and probably need this product.

Very annoying.

Peculiar that Samsung didn't manage to verify compatibility to their own product.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
After uninstalling mine is fine but yeah, I wouldnt uninstall your one especially when you're using wearables. you would understand how annoying this is... I don't know what you have to do to keep that particular app and having it run smoothly. I can only guess Samsung need to roll out a update quick. hope it gets sorted for you.
0 Likes
DjKristian
First Poster
Options

I've attempted to Uninstall it and it keeps popping back up...this ***** is driving me crazy.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Today unfortunately my Samsung note 10 plus is stuck in a boot loop. I've tried all ideas and suggestions... its the first major fault or issue I've had in many years and its really annoyed me. the phone gets to ridiculous levels of heat to a point I would class it as a hazard... it keeps having to try and reboot from a high level of battery still remaining and I have no way of turning the phone off. I will be on the phone to EE technical support to see how I can progress with a warranty repair. if I was you I would try back up any important files if you can, this last software update has ballsed my phone up.
0 Likes
Nick463
Apprentice
Options
what did you uninstall ? and how did you get to it
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
since I've done this post my phone was stuck in a bootloop and I couldn't use it for a whole day, eventually and after persevering I managed to get the phone to stay on in safe mode... get all my data off it... then factory hard reset it then get everything restored, my phone is working fine now.

with regards to the "hostmanager" glitch, I only found that when the pop up came up I clicked on "app info" as it shows in the screen shot I attached... from there I believe from memory I uninstalled that app.

now that my phone is fully refreshed, I went into settings then apps to see if I can find that hostmanager app... I can't see it at all.

from what I've briefly researched... for my phone to get stuck in a boot loop like this, the phone never updated the software update properly, this screwed my phone up. I've never really bothered backing my phone up before a software update but with this experience I will definitely back up my phone before doing any future updates. Also I did do my update with very high battery capacity.
0 Likes
HisaniShakur
First Poster
Options

Same

0 Likes
San D
First Poster
Options

Mine too - how will this be fixed though?????? Really getting upset about this problem???

0 Likes