Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Note 10+ 5g 512GB

(Topic created on: 22-09-2019 06:26 AM)
thgun
First Poster
Options

On the 8th of this month I was happy to have the new Samsung Note 10 plus. After setting it up I came to use it and to my suprise I kept getting static feed back a tingling sensation in my thumbs  from the screen when typing. I tried persavering with it but to no avail.

It started to aggravate the RSI in my right hand when I later used the phone at home but it got  to a point where my right hand and my right thigh started to go mildly numb after about 10 minuets of use. Also this in turn triigered my anxiety issues too. So I have gone back to using my Note 9. 

I took the phone back to where I had bought it, explained the situation to the store manager.  He was addament I was not going to get my money back or a refund. Unless I could find a filed report from Samsung on this issue. I said I cannot use the phone and I can't afford to loose that amount of money. 

In the end I had to ring Samsung support and explain to them what I had already explained to the store manager. Now I have got to go through the process of sending the handset to a Samsung service centre for it to be examined to see if the device  has a fault. If they find a fault they will ask me if I want it repairing. I am not happy with this decision. It is a brand new phone it shouldn't be faulty. But the store I purchased it from say it has to be examined by Samsung first and then they will take it from there.

It shouldn't have to have a repair, its a brand new handset it has a 30 day warranty exchange if its's faulty. My thoughts on this and I am begining to think it could be an issue with Samsungs new under the screen ultrasonic fingerprint reader.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @thgun 

I've been using my N10+ 5G since launch date and use the fps everyday and haven't fortunately experienced the same issue you have.

In the UK when I buy my phone direct from the Samsung Experience Store I too have an initial 30 day period in which to have the phone replaced if an issue arises and after day 31 it's a repair.

Now most issues are visible and as such can be viewed  / experienced by the Samsung Employee and as such a swap is typically immediate.

But some issues are not so easy to be seen as they can be intermittently experienced or experienced solely by the individual for whatever reason.

Then its reasonable for Samsung in my opinion to want to have the phone tested and a diagnostic test run before making a decision on how to proceed. As you've had the issue logged within the 30 day initial ownership period then if they find the phone to not be operating properly then its reasonable to ask Samsung to replace the phone even if the testing process takes you over the 30 day period.

I appreciate the phone is expensive as I buy my phones sim free so in the UK £1,100.00 is a big chunk of cash but it's also reasonable for Samsung to want to explore all avenues also due to cost.

In the UK we also have the consumer-rights-act 2015 to protect both the consumer and seller of a product.

I'm not sure where you reside but you could check if you have something similar.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

HI @thgun , why don't you try the Note 10 without the fingerprint  by using a code or password ... You can also use facial recognition, did you try those things ?

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

I do not understand the "tigling" you feel when typing.

Stupid question but aren't you talking about the vibrating feedback ? There is one placed under the keyboard that can be deactivated.

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options
DL31, you are right, i answered to fast, vibrating can be disable.
Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes