!-- End Google Optimize -->
Support

Open search

Is ther a recyclebin on note 10 for images ?

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Just been playing in the My Folder app and deleted a folder with loads of internal folders which had images in.

I'm new to android is there a way to retrieve the images with the file structure intact if possible such as a recycle bin etc 

Jaabie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Unfortunately, there's no recycle bin in the Android OS.

You can use 3rd party file managers, which has this feature.

If those files was very important to you, you can contact a data recocery company, like this.

Also If you decide to try to recover those files, turn off immediately the device, because it can overwrite the deleted ones.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Jaabie , if you delete your pictures in the Gallery, you have  a recycle bin when you click on the 3  dots at tbe right corner...

Highlighted

Nope, as described I was in the my file app. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to retrieve files after deleting. 

If not I will consider this a valuable lesson. 

Highlighted

@Janie
Dis you enable Samsung auto-save or Google Disk ?
Or like you say, this a valuable lesson.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, there's no recycle bin in the Android OS.

You can use 3rd party file managers, which has this feature.

If those files was very important to you, you can contact a data recocery company, like this.

Also If you decide to try to recover those files, turn off immediately the device, because it can overwrite the deleted ones.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice
yes there is
Highlighted
I can explain where it is, if u wish.
Highlighted

Hi @Jules64 , there is no recycle bin if you use My Files to delete a picture or a folder...The is only a recycle bin if  you delete a picture in the Gallery application...

If you delete a album from the Gallery, you can find out your pictures in the recycle bin and restore them BUT the album name won't be restore

Click on 3 little dots Recycle Bin is thereClick on 3 little dots Recycle Bin is there

Highlighted
Voyager
If you use the built in Samsung image viewer app you can turn on a recycle bin, and I think it's semi customizable on period of storage until permanently wiped
Highlighted
Voyager
Apologies, after I read properly that you were in the file app, I'm not sure if there is a way to undo a deletion.
Sorry again for replying without fully reading
Top Liked Authors