Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra OverHeats and Screen Problem after updating the latest software

(Topic created on: 30-03-2024 11:06 PM)
JoLMY20
Apprentice
Options

Here are some unsatisfied complaints of overheating after the latest software updates for the Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G:

* **"I have been experiencing overheating issues with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G since the latest software update. The phone gets hot when I am using it for basic tasks such as checking messages, browsing the web, or sometimes even is not in use but kept in the bag. I have tried resetting the phone to factory settings, but the problem persists. I am very disappointed with this phone. I have never had a phone overheat like this before, and I am not happy that I am having this problem with a such a high specs, expensive, generally quite the latest branded phone."**
* **"I am also experiencing overheating issues with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G after the latest software update as at 18th July 2023. The phone screen suddenly has a green vertical line across the screen immediately after my software updates. I have tried disabling all of the background apps, restarting the phone and tried all that adviced by the customer service personnel, but the problem still persists. As i recalled, the last updates started to cause my phone overheating, and now the latest updates cause my screen to have problem. I am very concerned about the safety of my phone. I do not want the phone to overheat and catch fire or suddenly dies on me. I have contacted Samsung customer service, but they have not been able to help me resolve the issue. As far as i have tried to reach to the CEO email complaints, all they ask is to generate more of their parts sales by changing the screen and battery pack. Note that i have just changed the battery pack a month ago"**
* **"I have been a Note users since Note 2 existed, and I have only been using this Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G for only less than 2 years, and the lifespan ends so quickly. Nowadays, the phone that we are paying with such expensive price, even more pricier than a laptop, but lifespan is getting shorter and shorter.

I have not been able to find a solution to this problem, and it is starting to become a major inconvenience."**

The impression of the Authorize Customer Service Centre that portrays is just merely to increase their Sales Figure by causing more problem to the users with their software updates and gets the customers to either change the expensive parts or change the entire phone!

I was really very disappointed with the backwards technology that Samsung is now projecting to the Consumers 

I hope to gets some feedbacks from the Note Users if these are the common issues they are facing as well? 

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your phone @JoLMY20 

I have updated my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra to the newest available July update and neither are over heating.

Your phone would show a pop up message if it was over heating and in extreme circumstances auto shut down.

I see you write  " Note that i have just changed the battery pack a month ago "

May I assume this was carried out via an authorised Samsung Service Centre so that authentic parts were used and the warranty not voided.

Can you please try Safe Mode   Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

As your clearly concerned I would suggest that you do let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on with the phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JoLMY20
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your suggestion @BandOfBrothers.

What you suggested is all done and its all originally from authorized Samsung Centre as advised. 

That is the reason when it gets to my suspicion that all the software updates prompted up is just to weakens the phone functionality and pushing owners to get the hardware parts changed, in order to increase their sales of the year. firstly battery pack, then screen, then motherboard. When all is changed, nothing improves, the next thing will be upgrade to a new Phone again. its all market tricks for technology nowadays. 

I dont deny of renewing the device when it gets phased out, but this device is fairly new, as usage is about 2 years only. Shouldn't it be put up as a complaint to Samsung?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @JoLMY20 

I've not personally experienced an update " weaken " my phone so I'm unable to pass comment on that.

Updates have strengthened the security of my phone's and added or improved functions and features etc.

It is entirely at your own discretion if you wish to pursue your experience with your phone direct with your regions Samsung Customer Support Team. 

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Boniek777
First Poster
Options
I have an issue with my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. In the beginning, the screen starts flickering. When I pressed the unlock side button, the screen became green or white, and sometimes, was ok, but recently, when I tried unlock, the screen stays green and white. I have had this smartphone since new always looks after, and that's why I can't understand why this happened? I did some research about this issue. Apparently, there are lots of people claiming the same issue. Warranty of my Samsung just ran out. I hope that Samsung will do something about it.
TerryLe
First Poster
Options

I have just updated yesterday and now have the green line. Can we un_update the phone. This is a huge hinderence. I love Samsung, but if they can't fix it.......I may have to visit the dark side and get an iPhone

JoLMY20
Apprentice
Options

Reason i am posting this is to have a glimpse of hope for Samsung Service Centre to help the Loyal Samsung Users to have a call back for them to do a One-Time Exchange for the fault of Samsung caused on the users mobile, at least to maintain the customer based. 
I guess it will be helpful if there is more noises coming up to give them a push to work on the out-flowed of customers 

0 Likes
JoLMY20
Apprentice
Options

Yes you are right, i can see and hear a lot more incidences of Samsung users facing the same problem. 

Reason i am posting this is to have a glimpse of hope for Samsung Service Centre to help the Loyal Samsung Users to have a call back for them to do a One-Time Exchange for the fault of Samsung caused on the users mobile, at least to maintain the customer based. 
I guess it will be helpful if there is more noises coming up to give them a push to work on the out-flowed of customers 

We need more Samsung users Voices to get this to Samsung Management's Ears

0 Likes
yyfan98
Student
Options

Yeah, same problem with my samsung note 20. Went to customer service centre to enquire. Found out offer for replacement ends 31 March 2024. I had been a samsung user since Note 2 model. So far, i had not found any problem but till I purchased this note 20 model. Last year the vertical green line suddenly appear. Replacement offer was not announced publicly till I read the offer from an article from Samsung India. By the time I found out, it was ready past the offer date. My phone dealer was not informed of this offer. Can't Samsung extend this free replacement offer for a longer period because this problem only appears gradually. I was really disappointed with Samsung. Hope they can extend this offer again since this model does not come in cheap. 

0 Likes
JoLMY20
Apprentice
Options

where do u find the offers of replacement? do they have official announcement for Note20 Users for the replacement? If they did not declared it officially, that is not legit. 

0 Likes