Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note20 Ultra 5G - Android 14 - what's going on?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2023 08:58 PM)
Jephy
Explorer
Options
Hi,

I'm a bit disappointed to hear rumours that this phone will not be getting the Android 14/One UI 6 update. I thought we were guaranteed 3 or 4 years of updates now and as of the beta release, the phone wasn't 3 years old since release.

The phone is more than capable, heck the current OS still has a lot of bugs which I was hoping this would resolve. 

The same goes for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE, it has been left out of Android and One UI updates that the Tab S6 Lite got and the tablet is a much more capable device and only released not many months prior.

I have owned every new Galaxy device since the Galaxy S2, 3 tablets starting with the Tab S4 and 2 smartwatches and I'm starting to get fed up of how we are treated as consumers and the effect all this e-waste could potentially have. You don't even allow users to root like some other manufacturers so you could continue to keep the OS up to date.

This needs to change honestly, living within Europe (I'm in the UK), I'm hoping they force manufacturers to do this sooner rather than later.

An official response from Samsung would be appreciated 
26 REPLIES 26
Jephy
Explorer
Options
Off-topic but I still have my Galaxy S10+ 512GB with ceramic back and that still works flawlessly as well.

I wish they did more ceramic backed phones but they never carried it on.
RekkitRalph
Student
Options
Pixel 8 getting 7 years' of updates - bye bye Samsung!
Jephy
Explorer
Options
Last for me too, terrible support.
Marckus
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I totally get how frustrating it is. It's a major bummer to hear that the Note 20 ultra will not get the Android 14/One UI 6 update, especially when it's still a beast of a device. Loads of us Note 20 Ultra users are in the same boat, and it's crucial for companies like Samsung to think about how long they can keep our gadgets running.

Even though Samsung might not jump into this conversation, sharing your thoughts as a customer can help spread the word about why we need longer software support and updates. Plenty of folks are hoping for their devices to get some love and new features, way beyond what's usually promised.

Let's cross our fingers that smartphone makers, Samsung included, start to up their game when it comes to updates because of people like you speaking up. Your voice, along with all the others, can make a real difference in pushing the industry to do better. 📱💪

Cordialement, Marc!
hazemfive
Apprentice
Options

Samsung's philosophy should ditch greedy profit and think about consumers more.

Expensive flagship phones should have (minimum/at least) 5 years of updates.

hazemfive
Apprentice
Options

exactly, 3yrs, not 3 updates, you are right.

hazemfive
Apprentice
Options

ceramic with glass very premium.

0 Likes
hazemfive
Apprentice
Options

should be 5 years of os updates and security, the minimum.

reisor
First Poster
Options

Any updates on this? Samsung really going forward with this? those 8y on the pixel are looking tempting...

Jephy
Explorer
Options
Google sure is sounding tempting
0 Likes