Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery - photos missing

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Neilj7
Apprentice
Options
After a recent software update (June 1st 2024) my phone promted me to free up space, without identifying what was going to happen, due to storage at 98%. I have now lost thousands of pictures from saved gallery albums. Mostly camera roll, but from albums going back years. Most are still in Google photos, but none of the deleted photos are in the gallary deleted folder or appear in the internal storage files. On samsung s21, owned from new for 4 years.

Can some tell me where these photos have gone?

4 REPLIES 4
Ry-Galaxy
Voyager
Options
I would check Google Photos and perhaps even Google Drive or OneDrive.

Is it possible you deleted some apps that you captured photos with or had photos in folders attached to any deleted app?

I know sometimes when you delete the WhatsApp application it will also delete the media straight out of your storage and it'll be gone for good unless backed up.

Hope this helps and you find your photos!
Neilj7
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the comment. I've managed to find most photos on Google photos, so I haven't completely lost out.

It's just strange that thousands of photos can disappear from multiple gallery folders, not even appearing in the deleted folder. Most were taken with my phone camera and where in the gallery album "camera".

There's a few other threads on here with similar issues after the recent software download.

A reminder for everyone to cloud backup photos, or print the important ones.

Thanks again for your time.

N
keith30
Maestro
Options
That's the reason why you should always backup your photos and data before installing the new software update. It mentions that fact prior to start installing.
0 Likes
Fm00781
First Poster
Options

Did u find them having issues myself 

0 Likes