Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there ever be a way to move apps to a memory card on an s21s? I hope so

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 09:51 PM)
Gazwaldo
First Poster
Options

Having basically killed an old a5 recently after a good few years oh how i loved the old girl n was so sad when she stopped taking charge on,i made the poor decision to buy an a21s, what a mistake. The decision or design fault not to allow you move apps to your sd card is crazy. As let me tell you cant do a great deal with only 32 storage. And having to delete stuff daily is something i could do without, come on samsung give us what we want & need. You know you want to make our lives easier

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I'm discussing phones with people I always advise that they go for the largest available internal storage capacity they can afford to help future proof their purchase. 

As you've found out not all phones have the feature to move apps to an sd card unfortunately @Gazwaldo 

I advise to check in setting , apps, choose the app, storage and change location.

If your running out of space then there are things you can move to the sd card or delete to help.

A similar thread eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/moving-apps-to-sd-card-samsung-galaxy-a21s. 

It's certainly something you could forward via feedback in your Samsung Members App and also something to consider with your next eventual purchase.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I would highly recommend getting A51 (or A51 5g) or the A71 because they are more like your old A5. I used to have the A5 (years ago) and in many ways the A51 5g is an amazing updated version of the A5.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
yeah I agree. I went from A8 2018 (the successor to a5 2017) to the a51 5g and it's a great device. A21s is a budget phone with a mediocre 720p ips display, when your a5 probably had a 1080p oled screen. also you can't move apps to SD card because they are so much slower then the internal storage, any apps on there would perform terribly especially as they get more advanced. so in a way, it's a good thing Samsung ommited that feature for a couple of years now
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah thank goodness I never had to buy an sd card. The 128gb storage already on my phone is fine 👍
0 Likes