Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 07:02 PM)
Teabelly1
Apprentice
Options

Hi,just got my a51 and turned on WiFi calling and volte but no icon appears so unsure whether it's working or not,I am using same SIM and network from previous phone( Huawei p smart) which showed the icon when connected anybody help,thanks in advance Teabelly1.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As this is essentially network driven I'd suggest to contact your mobile network's customer services to make sure the feature is still activated on your account and ask them of possible to push an OTA configuration if needed.

Also check your phone model is on any relevant eligible phone model list they support @Teabelly1 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Teabelly1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply I am trying to contact sky to ask can the enable it on my sim(not easy the are very difficult to contact) one thing though if there is no icon on phone would it possible to add one in the next update? Cheers.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Think Sky phone lines still prioritised for vulnerable customers @Teabelly1 . You could try this link to see if any help there https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/device-something-else/wi-fi-calling/articles/wi... 

Think icon would appear if enabled.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Teabelly1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks James 4578,yes it is impossible to contact sky at the moment and yes i saw this link and I do have an a51, SIM free and a SIM only deal from sky so assume it's not enabled because I did not buy the phone from them ( petty I think),I have looked through the manual and there doesn't appear to be a WiFi  or volte icon on this phone hence my question about adding one! Thanks for your top reply though.