Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Samsung Galaxy A40 unlocks the SIM card itself

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 05:46 PM)
Normis3
First Poster
Options

Dear all,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A40 several months ago. At first everything was Ok. After about a month of use, I started to notice that when I turn on the phone, it asks me to enter the SIM card code, because the SIM card is unlocked. A day, sometimes, it happens 15 times, sometimes none. Sometimes I can walk on day 3, everything is Ok, but sometimes it happens every 5-25 minutes. I asked the seller - what to do, he said he would test the phone for a couple of days. As often happens - when the testing took place everything was fine.

I know that the test was as follows - the phone was placed on the table and the tester turns it on a couple of times. Everything worked. The phone was returned to me as perfectly normal. Brought home, the same day the trouble started again. 

Really throw this phone out? I am sorry for the money I have invested, but incoming calls are important to me, because my business depends on them.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you take a look in the phone to turn Off the sim pin @Normis3 

Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Other security settings. Set up Sim Card Lock.

If it's not this then consider a factory reset as a last resort. Back up beforehand and then remove any relevant Sd card.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look too.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Normis3
First Poster
Options

Thanks! Worth a try.

0 Likes
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

Samsung already acknowledged this as a software bug - they even mentioned it in the notes of their last update. I had this problem also, driving me crazy. Disabling the SIM lock is totally unacceptable.

I use 2 SIM cards + I used to have an SD card. Note the past tense with the SD card. A few weeks ago in desperation I took the SD card off, and the SIM detection issues disappeared. Apparently the phone can't handle dual SIM+SD card setups correctly.

All in all, if you have an SD card, say goodbye to it, and check if you still get this unlocking issue.

0 Likes
Normis3
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for the suggestion !!!

0 Likes