Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update failure for A10

(Topic created on: 10-04-2023 07:06 PM)
geoffgil
Apprentice
Options
Having trouble installing the latest Samsung update. Am always getting a error message when starting to install at 25%. Done all the things suggested by Samsung. i.e. deleted apps, safe mode, clear apps cache, cleared android cache and made sure phone fully charged.
Anybody have any other ideas or is the problem with the update itself. Never had a problem before
6 REPLIES 6
Kmac364c
Student
Options
Hi Geoffgil I also have an A10 but can't say I've had the problem you are experiencing. I don't have a remember for you either, sorry.
You know, the gossip is that, allegedly, tech companies programme the updates making them contribute to phones becoming obsolete. Believe this or not but it is weird that full memory and/or storeage seems to happen when new phones are on the market, spooky lol
Sorry I couldn't help. Ots ben weeks since my camera packed in and the advice I was given did not work. If you have any idea I'm happy to hear them. Karen
0 Likes
Kmac364c
Student
Options
Excuse my autotext..not remember but remedy.
0 Likes
geoffgil
Apprentice
Options
Hi Karen thanks anyway. I will have to live without the update. No idea about your camera sorry. I am a layman about these tech things.
Regards Geoff
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @geoffgil  Have you tried to restart either from quick settings Menu or   by holding in power Button and selecting the option.  if you are using wifi  could be connection issue and would be advisable to Reboot your Router. If by any chance using Data switch to wifi.

If still issues another option is to update via Smart switch (need to connect your phone to a computer) and have the software installed.https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/     https://www.samsung.com//support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-software-using-smart-switch/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

geoffgil
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for that. Have successfully updated via smart switch and laptop. As you suggested
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, glad it worked in the end.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes