Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery not connecting with OneDrive / Microsoft

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 07:56 PM)
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

I spent more than 2h this evening...all I wanted to do was to back-up my gallery to my OneDrive. Followed all the normal steps, the screen is just stuck at "Connecting accounts..." (in the gallery app). And nothing happens.

And yes, I think i tried everything possible (that's why i spent 2h). Cleared cache off the apps, logged out, re-logged in, unlinked services, installed 2FA and Authenticator App from Microsoft, disabled 2FA, restarted the phone after every attept... what else should I mention.

It's just frustrating that I still cannot connect the Samsung with Microsoft account in order to back up my photos in OneDrive. Probably I will just stick to the ol' good Google Photos instead of this shitty service...

33 REPLIES 33
Members_DH0iF02
First Poster
Options

Issue occurred for me on S20 FE  when I tried to change my linked account to a new one which has a monthly subscription on it. The way I solved it was to unlink the ms account,  log out of one drive and then update onedrive in the play store. Then I was able to connect gallery to the new ms account and onedrive.

If no update available for onedrive then uninstall as pet previous poster and reinstall after connecting gallery. 

0 Likes
Members_THZS23u
First Poster
Options

Hope this will help people. 

I had this issue on my S22 when trying to connect gallery to one drive for sync.  I tried connecting for general sync and the same bug.  The following solution worked for me.  I had to connect general sync (backup) and gallery separately, so here's the instructions for gallery as I'm sure you all know how to do the general (backup) OneDrive Sync

• Go to Settings -> Apps
  • Find and click on OneDrive
  • On the "App info" screen select the 3 dots menu (top right)
  • Choose Uninstall updates and confirm 
    • It will tell you that factory default will be installed
  • Go back to Gallery
  • Select the Burger Menu (bottom right in my case)
  • Choose "Settings"
  • Click Sync with OneDrive
  • Follow prompts

Should work fine from here on in :smiling-face:

NOTE: I got this from Reddit.

Source Article: Reddit Post 

Kudos: dioraticos

Original Solution: 

Members_THZS23u_0-1667152382585.png

0 Likes
cdb97
First Poster