Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG A11

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 10:44 PM)
Smisla
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have just brought an A11 ... I feel sure it should have an Always on Display feature.  When I go to the Lock Screen settings all it shows is screen lock type and clock style.  When you want to see the time you have to press the power button rather than just tapping the screen.  Has AOD been moves elsewhere.

I have an A41 as well, in the lock screen settings it shows screen lock, clock style, always on display.

Any ideas please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
marcellerra
Explorer
Options
Always On Display (AOD) should generally come preinstalled on a Galaxy Device, and should be located under either Display or Lock Screen.
A21 might have this, as the manual for the a20 amd a30 only shows it as A30 upwards, however the A41 Should have according to its manual (under Lock Screen)

I have attached 4 Screenshots from where it is on my device, however this may differ as I am using a Galaxy A70.

Here is a link that may help with information
https://www.guidingtech.com/guide-setting-up-using-always-on-display-samsung-galaxy/

Heres a Link to Google Play Store for AOD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.app.aodservice

Not sure if it's a function on all Samsung Galaxy deviceses, but hope this helps.

20201127_043628.png

20201127_045909.png

20201127_045846.png

20201127_045941.png

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Smisla 

According to the specs in gsmarena AOD isn't listed so I suspect its not a native feature on the phone.

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a11- specs. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
K8ie1892
Journeyman
Options
there is an AOD app you can download from play store.
0 Likes
Jessica241
First Poster
Options

Hello, I don't think the galaxy a11 supports always on display due to it not having amoled screens. But I do have another option for you to check the time on the phone without hitting the lock button. Go to advanced features then to motions and gestures and turn on double tap to wake. 

0 Likes