Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalised sms sound

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 06:11 PM)
Mirmor
Apprentice
Options
Hey, anybody know if it's at all possible to add your own sound for text message notifications? 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Sms usually just use the default sound. Not sure if it can be personalised just for one sound.
0 Likes
Mirmor
Apprentice
Options
I just find it odd you can set a ringtone but not sms sound
0 Likes
doctorjay
Explorer
Options
Yeh I think it is
https://youtu.be/AG2nBRPHmnw
0 Likes
doctorjay
Explorer
Options
Just hope it works on your series of phone 👍🏽
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mirmor: It is possible to add a custom notification sound for SMS/MMS/RCS messages, both for individual contacts, and as your default option. 

For individual contacts, please open the Messages app > Tap on a message or conversation > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Notification sound > Choose from the list of options. 

To add a custom notification sound for all incoming messages, please head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Notifications > Notification categories > New messages > Sound, and choose from the list of options. 

Sadly it isn't possible to create your own notification sounds, but the steps above should allow you to personalise your device with some degree of freedom. I hope this helps. 

Mirmor
Apprentice
Options
Hello, thank you, I knew how to change/set up existing ringtones/sounds but - let's be brutally honest - the available text messages sounds SUCK big time lol so really wanted to add something that wouldn't make me cringe every time I get a text message. 😄
0 Likes