Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications new A53

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 08:28 AM)
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Hi. Just got an A53 and having notifications issues from some but not all apps. YES all notifications are enabled and Ive gone into each app to check everything is ok
I have also reinstalled each app.thst has the issue. Its frustrating as the apps not working are the ones I actually use the most. Thanks

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Under App info have you checked the battery information to ensure some of the apps aren't set to restricted as this can cause a delay in notifications. On my A53 I have the apps I use most like Outlook set to unrestricted. You can also check that device manager hasn't put some of the apps into deep sleep.
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Hi. Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried these...its so strange.....for example I'm self employed...and received a number of invoice payments that notified me immediately.....then I made a transaction and no notification?? They're very random or no at all?? When I was setting up the phone I didn't get a chance to test everything as a new Samsung update started installing (5.0) could there be bugs/glitches causing this? Wondering if a factory reset might sort??
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
After a security update or version update, I always wipe the cache partition which may be the first option before doing a factory reset https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/.
0 Likes
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Thank you I'll try this...no idea how to do that and not heard of this so worth a go 😁
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
This YouTube video will hopefully help you https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miWQjy7EuiU
0 Likes
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. You are very helpful for a techno phobe! Regretting upgrading now lol
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
No worries. It is a good device with great battery life. I have had my A53 for about 8 months now with no major issues.
0 Likes
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Yes my husband loves his...hence why I thought I'd get the same.....but everything...layouts. backgrounds even text messages looks different on mine.....im convinced its something I've not set up correctly 😒 don't suppose you're close to the Midlands??? 😆😆
0 Likes
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
By the way just discovered my battery options for each app was set to Optimised...should/ would they be better on Unrestricted? Ty again
0 Likes