Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't work out screenshot

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 11:11 AM)
Alpineman
Journeyman
Options
How do I take a simple screenshot without an app on a Samsung Galaxy A12.

It says I haven't enabled android settings of some kind. I have looked on the settings part which is enabled to take one on the samsung phone but it is saying other things about assistant & such like. After 2 hours on and off I just can't figure it. It needs a seperate pull down menu not tying it in with Google but just an independent function. Its silly now with different phones. It doesn't work pressing volume down & power button. Or volume up and power button. Would be really grateful if you could help. I am a fairly new user to the phone but have android experience.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try simultaneously pressing the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons on your phone.
0 Likes
Susanne50
First Poster
Options
I've the same problem
0 Likes
Steve2
First Poster
Options
If you go into advanced settings then motions and gestures you can turn on swipe to capture which takes a screenshot when you run your palm over the screen, or an easier way is to enable bixby and say take screenshot 😉
0 Likes
Alpineman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for getting me to persist Steven. It turns out the way to do it is press volume down & the power button simultaneously but let go pretty quickly after doing so. I held onto the keys hoping for it to eventually trigger- not good it turns out. So I hope this clears it up for forum readers. My previous android phones required a holding of the two keys for longer & then it triggered. It would be good if we could get some consistency amongst models but swiping also sounds good actually 🤔
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Alpineman   I think many people use the  Swipe to Palm Feature now and it is  easier, Bixby Voice is also a good alternative.   Palm swipe feature detailed here   though @Steve2  gave you a good guide.   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Alpineman
Journeyman
Options
My phone doesn't support it at the bottom of the A range from what I can see & Google
Alpineman
Journeyman
Options
Those help pages say it or the other links from them
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Alpineman  The palm swipe feature may not be supported on all Galaxy A  models  https://www.digitalcitizen.life/take-screenshots-android/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Alpineman
Journeyman
Options
I am afraid that option does not exist under the gestures & also the motion & gestures. Either the person writing it had a different A12 build or he assumed something.