Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to use the screen to dismiss an alarm call on my A40

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 01:55 PM)
jbafalcon100
Journeyman
Options

How to use the screen to dismiss an alarm call on my A40 instead of the side buttons, also when I receive a call the screen does allow me to connect and I have to use the side buttons. Any suggestions?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AaronAJ
Options

If your phone is locked when the alarm goes off, you will see a X in a circle, you need to swipe up on that which will stop it. There should also be a Snooze button at the bottom which you need to tap to snooze the alarm for 5 minutes.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AaronAJ
Options

@jbafalcon100 You should be able to tap the screen and tap either Stop or Snooze. Are you able to provide a video or a screenshot of what you see when the alarm comes through?

0 Likes
jbafalcon100
Journeyman
Options

This is very odd, this morning when the alarm went off, the screen lit up and about 2/3down there was a circle with I think was the dismiss button. I was still half asleep though! I hit that button a few times but the alarm was still going. I then clicked the two side buttons which did turn it off.

Just set the alarm to go again about 5 min ago, this time there was an option screen that appeared at the top of my screen with dismiss and snooze, I have no idea why the early morning wake up should be different from the afternoon one! I think I will have to try again tomorrow and see what that shows!

As said before this phone has a mind of its own 🤔

Solution
AaronAJ
Options

If your phone is locked when the alarm goes off, you will see a X in a circle, you need to swipe up on that which will stop it. There should also be a Snooze button at the bottom which you need to tap to snooze the alarm for 5 minutes.

0 Likes
jbafalcon100
Journeyman
Options

Ah Ha. That kind sir was most likely the problem. The phone was in do not disturb mode so I assume - locked.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Your phone will most likely have been locked. Try the above steps and get back to me if this doesn't help. 

0 Likes