Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bypass Lock Screen

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 07:18 AM)
gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Samsung A21s, running Android 10, for my wife and set it up so that when she pressed the power button to use it it went straight to the home screen. No Lock Screen at all.

She wanted to try the Fingerprint option so I set that up however she did not like it so I deleted her Fingerprint. Now I cannot find out how to bypass the Lock Screen, she how has to swipe to unlock.

At the moment I press the power button, swipe on the lock screen, and it takes you to the home screen.

It used to:

Press the power button and it takes you to the home screen.

I just cannot figure out what I did initially to bypass the Lock Screen altogether. Can anyone stop me from going mad?

TIA

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Settings>lockscreen>lockscreen type>

Change it from swipe to none

Hope this helps

0 Likes
gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, but there is no 'None" option.

TIA

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

So it looks like when you initially set up your device you have a larger selection of options including not now. When you selected not now at setup this most likely set it to none. You can try and run this activity again but im not sure if the not now feature will turn it all the way off again. Running the activity doesn't turn it off

You will need to wait for an update or reset your device to get this feature back if you dont see a none option.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-lock-methods-can-i-use-on-my-samsung-galaxy-d...

Setting normal Lock MenuSetting normal Lock Menu

Activity launcher select com.android.settings.password.SetupChooseLockGenericActivity launcher select com.android.settings.password.SetupChooseLockGeneric

Setup password menu accessed through activity launcherSetup password menu accessed through activity launcher

0 Likes
gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

As you have already found out "Running the activity doesn't turn it off"

Maybe others have a solution as to why the None option is missing and how to get it back or some way of bypassing the lock screen completely.

Thank you.

gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

No ideas at all, anyone?  This is so annoying as I used to be able to press the power button and go straight to the home screen.  Now it goes to the lock screen first.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Well I'm really surprised.  With more then 200 views no one has any ideas how to fix this issue, so it appears I'm the only person that has ever had this issue.

TIA

Greg

0 Likes
JawfinDevelopments
First Poster
Options

I don't know the case in your situation but Samsung will remove the None option if you have entered any kind of payment system, like Google Play Store purchase via thumbprint, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, PayPal one-step, NFC - or basically any means money can be extracted from you by your phone alone, None will be removed as an option.  Which is why a restore to factory settings "fixes" it, as it removes all those payment options  - as soon as one is introduced again your None security goes away. As I said though, this may not be the exact circumstance in your case, but that is the usual reason why None is not available.

0 Likes
gregeeh
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your suggestion but I have not payment system on the phone.  My thoughts is it is related to me adding fingerprints to trial and then removing it but the Samsung techs say this is not the reason but a software upgrade.  Whatever the reason it is very annoying.

0 Likes