Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A50 screen problems after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 08:57 AM)
xsole87
Journeyman
Options

Hello there,

Yesterday, my Galaxy A50 was upgraded to Android 10 with OneUI 2.0. After this, my smartphone has a software bug with the colour of the screen, displaying the colours a little bit orange. The biggest problem is the black colour, that is showing like dark brown. This is annoying if i use Always On Display, consuming too much battery and affecting thw image quality. 

I assure it's a software bug because in the boot screen (the one with samsung logo) the background appears pure black, but after that, all blacks are like browns. 

I already checked:

- Blue light filter is turned off

- Accesibility options --> Visibility enhancements: All settings turned off

- Colour calibration (at the moment, like always in my phone, it's in "Intense" mode, and the white balance is in the middle)

Anyone is facing the same problem? Is any workaround for this?

Thanks

Go to solution
19 REPLIES 19
xsole87
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the info.
But I hope Samsung will roll out an update to solve this, because the full reset method involves backups, listing apps, reconfiguring everything ... It's a mess!
Thank you anyway!
0 Likes
jeans
Apprentice
Options

really the best solution would be an update.
Leaving the phone with the factory settings is not ideal.
is some APP that is causing this, because if you enter the safe mode the problem does not appear.
Has anyone tested the phone in safe mode?

0 Likes
Igorraic
Apprentice
Options
I have tried safe mode and it was the same. I think that this has nothing to do with the installed apps.
0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options

Same problem for me since update yesterday. Played around with visibility enhancements but whites still look 'dirty'.

Any changes in Display settings don't correct the issue. 

Nuclear option of factory reset will be tried tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options

Was in the process for preparing for my factory reset and thought I'd check the software update in settings before hitting the button.

Prompted a software update. Security plus other fixes.

Anybody else tried it yet to see if it fixes their issue/s?

I'm thinking my phone looks better and maybe I'm being tad fussy. But...

What do you think?

0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options

Well, I hit the Factory Reset button.

And I wasn't being fussy. Reset has brought back a lovely Daz clean white to my phone.

Pardon me while I spend the next hour or more getting it set up again 🤣

0 Likes
Solution
xsole87
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

Finally, tired of waiting for an update that solve this issue, I made a factory reset to the device. Everything is working fine now. 

If someone want to made this method without making a mess with data, apps and eveything, download the SmartSync app for Win/Mac and make a full backup of the smartphone before making a reset. When the reset is done, connect the smartphone again to the computer and recover the backup to leave it all like before.

Thanks to everyone who was interested to this issue.

See you!

jeans
Apprentice
Options

problem solved for me. updated the "bixby routine" application.

No reset phone.Screenshot_20200606-122237_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes
Kcleon
Student
Options

Hello good day. Can anyone knows how to fix samsung A50. The screen was freeze after i upgrade it to android 10. The screen does not work. 

0 Likes
Kcleon
Student
Options

How to have  factory reset pn my A50?

0 Likes