Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped a52 in water, should I keep using it?

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 04:45 AM)
watter
Student
Options
I accidentally dropped my a52 into water. I took it out after 2 seconds and dried it immediately. I put it rice for 1 hour and then took it out to let it dry. I let it dry for 6 hours and then charged it for a few minutes. Will something happen to my phone? My charging port was dry when I charged it. Should I use it today or let it sit for the insides to dry?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ItsJohnny
Pioneer
Options
My sister did the same thing as you did except for the charging thing and the phone works perfect.
If nothing bad happened when you charged it then you should be fine
You should be fine if your phone waa dried
EmilianN
Community Manager
Options

Hey, @watter ,

You're on the Romanian Samsung Community you have to post in the Romanian language. Please edit your post and translate it or I will move it to the English forum.

0 Likes
tonyfreitas
Explorer
Options
I have a samsung a52 5g and the a52 n 52s5g is ipa water-resistant so you all good 👍
keith30
Maestro
Options
Putting it in rice doesn't do much good, it will be better to put it in a warm place for a few days. The devices aren't water proof, there are only water-resistant like if you wipe it over with a damp tissue.
0 Likes
louey
First Poster
Options
My Galaxy Z flip has created its own password and I can't open it
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @watter  Should be ok if fully dried  and charging fine.  Whilst not completely water proof both the A52 4G  and 5G versions are rated IP67,the 2nd highest for Samsung Devices.  In practical terms this means that your Device is deemed to be safe if immersed in water up to 1 metre deep  for up to 30 minutes.  see more detail here https://www.xda-developers.com/is-the-samsung-galaxy-a52-waterproof/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.