Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Dimming

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 04:57 PM)
rev6
Apprentice
Options

A lot of phones are now supporting DC Dimming. Can we have updates for this feature with the phones affected (SAMOLED displays).

27 REPLIES 27
Vadim2
First Poster
Options

Will it affect 2018 models?

petersparking
Student
Options

Currently I am choosing the mobile phone... between one china brend with IPS display and A70 with Amoled.

I am trying to find if A70 has DC Dimming. It seems not, but for me it is critical.

So should I forgot about A70 or any updates available already?

petersparking
Student
Options
A70 is much more interesting but... Amoled...
shuzwa
Apprentice
Options

I need a DC dimming option or better PWM frequency for my new Note 10. I can't use it cause of the pain.
Also tried my wife's S10 and still get really sore eyes after 5minutes of use.

My eyes continue to hurt for hours after use as well.

I'm back using My old Galaxy S7. The S7 causes no eye strain/hurt issues.

Wife seems fine using the Note 10. So i'm super sensitive to the PWM in the Samsung flagship phones.

Please Samsung add a DC dimming option in a software update.

NisT
First Poster
Options
Samsung, PLZ make it for your users, we'll be wait for DC Dimming!
rev6
Apprentice
Options

Are there any plans for this feature?

Descriptor
First Poster
Options

I have just bought s9 and cannot use it longer than 5 minutes because of eye pain. Having DC Dimming would be great!

snap80
Journeyman
Options
I suspect it is a hardware and non-software problem otherwise it would have taken little time to fix it. Backlighting with pwm costs less than dc mode. Meanwhile, our eyes get worse worse than when we used the first CRT monitors. Do not believe in fairy tales, the PWM hurts everyone
0 Likes
AnjoP
Journeyman
Options

s20 plus is good, camera is great. but as long as I look at the screen of my phone. my eyes hurts and it gives me headache like of a motion sickness. I like now overall, but I cannot use this for daily usage. samsung dynamic amoled hurts my eye so much, My s7 edge btw doesnt give me this kind of headache. and its super amoled only.

I will return my phone because of this. 😞 and lost almost a $100.

I really love the camera of the phone. but cant use it for long duration.