Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat feature not working

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 09:54 AM)
loubg
Apprentice
Options
The chat feature toggle button will not stay on. I go I to settings turn it on and it just turns itself off again. Unable to use chat feature only sms texts ?? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried turning it on from in settings > connections > more connection settings.Screenshot_20230405_100802_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
loubg
Apprentice
Options
Thank you just tried to that but does not give me the option too Screenshot_20230405_101201_Settings.jpg
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Can I ask what network you are with. Its just that I know Vodafone have just dropped support for chat in Samsung messages at the moment. There saying to use Google messages for chat features for now, until there is an update available.
loubg
Apprentice
Options
Yes it with Vodafone.. that is rather annoying, thank you so much for your help. Do you know if Google messages sent to another user would be recieved on their Samsung messages if theirs is still working or so they have to Google messages too?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes, they will still receive your messages you send.
Sent a link with more information on rcs with Vodafone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sammyfans.com/2023/03/28/vodafone-uk-rcs-chat-shut-down-samsung-goo...
loubg
Apprentice
Options
Thank you so so much I really appreciate your help. Have a good day
HoneyBunnyHB
Student
Options
This thread has solved days of wondering why my texts have changed behaviour....so it's bloomin Vodafone again! I assume they need a new update to go with the latest Android update then 🙄 Thank you!! 😊
MsBumble
First Poster
Options
Same here with Vodafone and cannot get it to stay on
0 Likes