Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 only show fast charge. does your show the same or superfast?

(Topic created on: 02-10-2023 01:20 AM)
iamsimon
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone.

My new a54 has a weird problem.

When I connect Samsung superfast charger to it, it just shows fast charging. i know it shows the charge method for a few seconds and then I have to go to battery menu to see it. it shows fast charge.

I have an original charger which came with my note 20 ultra.it shows just fast charging. So i bought another 25w charger from Samsung official selling centers with the same result.

Then I tested my phone with my sister’s charger and the phone shows super fast! now funny thing is that her charger is a fake for sure. not only she bought it half the price I paid , the seller honestly told her at the time that it was not an original . her charger gets really warm compared to my 25w original chargers. regardless, I posted here to ask if it is showing fast charge instead of superfast is something really intended?

Is the fake actually doing something wrong?

I mean why my original chargers show fast not superfast?

BTW, all three chargers charge around the same time, the remaining time on the screen is always  wrong about 10 to 15 minutes with all of the 3 chargers, but all of them really are the same speed when I measure the charge time myself.

I read the posts in this community and other forums and some have problems like me. I read somewhere that Samsung is just changing the name from superfast to fast?

Is it true and if it is, then why the fake charger shows superfast?

I have exhausted all the solutions, even hard reset and wiping cache partition. Nothing changed.

I am really confused please help.it would be kind of you to post your charging results if it shows fast charge or super fast with 25w charger. thanks a lot.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Only shows fast charge these days so it's either maximum speed or minimum no in-between
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I only use a 10w and 18w Nokia charger on my A54. The 10w shows charging and the 18w shows fast charging when plugged in, sorry I can't say about the 25w charging though.
iamsimon
Journeyman
Options

thanks mate.what  phone model and charger do you use?

0 Likes
iamsimon
Journeyman
Options

thanks friend.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I use a s23 ultra and most of the time a use a samsung 15w flat wireless charger but when on holiday or in a rush to charge I use a 45w samsung charger, I only ever use samsung chargers apart from when plugging into the car.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can you post an image of the ring colour that appears when you insert the charger?

You can also try downloading a battery app like Accubattery and checking the charge rate through it.
0 Likes
iamsimon
Journeyman
Options

thanks. 

0 Likes
iamsimon
Journeyman
Options

it is green like the right one which is just fast charge. can you please tell me your phone model and charger model and what it shows?

i used a watt meter and it is about 20 to 22w until 45 percent. but just shows fast charge.fast.png

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I have various devices and chargers. I have an official 45W Samsung charger and a 3rd party one. On my S23 Ultra the official charger shows Superfast Charging 2.0 (45W), the unofficial charger shows Superfast Charging 1.0 (25W) and any non Samsung or 15W Chargers show the Green ring.

I'm not entirely sure how accurate the rings are as when I check the charge rates on both the official and non official chargers, they both indicate the phone charges around 31W and drops to just over 25W as the temperature rises. Also the non official charger shows Superfast Charging 2.0 on my older Samsung devices (Note 10+ 5G and Tab S7+).Screenshot_20231002_135121_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20231002_133202_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20231002_133225_One UI Home.jpg