Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gestures moan.

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 08:53 AM)
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Is anyone else not getting on with gestures at all? I've tried to love them, but they just  dont gel for me.  They're awkward and cumbersome to do with a normal hold on the phone, they still glitchy, I know, but even when they do work, they aren't as quick as the nav bar.

What really scares me is, if they remove the nav bar in the future.  I just cant get on with them at all.

Or is it just me?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Bertie_bunghol

I really like the arch motion, but I also know alot of people who would prefer the navbar like yourself.

I honestly believe Samsung will get rid of this option with it being part of AOSP android also.

I honestly feel Samsung pain with finding a balance for all its customers... It's always going to be a bit of Marmite:face-with-tears-of-joy:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @Bertie_bunghol 

Thanks for sharing your opinion about the gestures! 

I must admit, I keep switching between Full screen gestures, swipe gestures and nav bar :thinking-face:

I love the back & one handed mode gestures, but when using a gesture to open Recents is still not something I have mastered :face-with-tears-of-joy:

But it just comes down to getting used to the one style that you pick.

But I agree, that could still be improved and I am sure it will only get better! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Ddbluesilver
Student
Options

I am the  same. After a week of trying to love gestures, I have gone back to buttons mainly because....

Swipe from sides does not work great as you have to be right at the edge for it to work

On Galaxy s10+ it's unnatural to have to hold phone so low down

It's buggy. Sometimes recent apps just won't activate. 

Recent apps is too slow to access. 

Back to buttons !

0 Likes