Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire TV - apps2fire not working

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 10:18 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I use an app called "apps2fire" to install apps on my fire TV. 

I've just tried installing an app for the first time since installing Android 10 on my S10, and it fails saying it cant execute ADB.

As far as I can tell, all options are enabled on the fire TV and I've restarted it but no joy.

Anyone else use a Fire TV that can try it for me, to see if it works for you? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've tried uninstalling apps2fire and restarting my S10, reinstalled the apps2fire app and it still doesnt work.

I installed a different app for loading apps to the fire TV and that managed to connect, but then copying the file doesnt move on from 0%.

I've tried ADB from my mac and could successfully connect to the fire TV and install the apk from there.

Is it possible adb connections are broken in the build of Android 10 that we've got?

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @ryamoo I have used ADB from my Windows laptop to Uninstall and re-install apps which worked fine with Android debugging option on of coarse, maybe certain functions are no longer supported in 10 or  ADB will need to be updated with support for Android 10

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @ryamoo 

There might be some problems with 3rd party apps accessing ADB during the Beta :thinking-face:

Make sure to share an error report with us using the Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members app.

Our development team will have to take a closer look at that!

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Still not working in the latest beta - I've re-submitted feedback. 

0 Likes