Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizations

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 09:29 PM)
Okuda
Journeyman
Options

Why has a lot of the customizations features been removed. Ie bubble colours, parallex wallpaper, live wallpapers etc. If I wanted a phone with no customizations I would have bought an iPhone! Even the new iPhone has more customizations than this now..!! I thought the whole idea of android was phone that you could personalize? 

3 REPLIES 3
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Okuda,

Totally understand where you are coming from but maybe you could help steer Samsung in the right direction using the Beta..

Hop over to the Suggestions section and share the ideas you would like to see...

If they then get alot of likes from the community, you may well get your wish..

This is your golden opportunity:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Okuda 

From my discussion with the development team regarding that, they are trying to remove options that were not used too often to decrease the amount of space it takes. It would also improve the overall performance of the device.

So, as @BenGinders has already mentioned, please be sure to make a proposal in "Suggestions" category on Beta Forum regarding each option. 

If it gets a lot of support from the Beta Community, it is highly possible that it might be brought back! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type::winking-face:

0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

I'm not sure people dont want customisation  features - just look how many people use 3rd party apps, purely because  the stock apps cant change things tthat people want to change,  (ie bubble colours). Be interested  to see how many people  use 3rd party apps instead of stock ones. Personally  I dont know anyone who uses messages  on Samsung,  pretty much everyone uses textra or pulse, and most I talk to do that because  of the colour options. 

0 Likes