Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 04:46 PM)
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
I pay over £1000 for a phone to have ads inside apps. I think Samsung needs to remove these, and have a more clean looking  UI, like other manufacturers. Like, I even get ads for an S20, inside my S20!! This is even worse in countries like India
9 REPLIES 9
charlas
Navigator
Options
What ads?
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Do you mean in apps like Samsung Health?
0 Likes
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
Yes, I mean in Samsung apps like Health, Samsung Pay, etc. There is ads for downloading other apps and games on the Samsung Music app too!
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've gradually stopped using any Samsung apps because of the ad creep + marketing nags. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Constant ads at the top of the health app.Screenshot_20201023-122109_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20201023-122103_Samsung Health.jpg
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Every time I use the galaxy store, there's a new popup for some offer for some app I'm not interested in. tapping "do not show again" just applies to that exact offer, so next time it'll appear again for something else.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
The theme store has this constant marketing "choice" nag.
launch, nag. search, nag. download, nag.
you tap cancel, and it comes back again every time.
I've reported that on OneUI 2.5 and was told I have to accept it to stop it appearing... so its not a "choice" really.
Stuff like that is why my next phone will not be a Samsung. Screenshot_20201023-122236_Galaxy Themes.jpgScreenshot_20201023-122217_Galaxy Themes.jpg
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @JackDemetriou,

I can see how that can be annoying 😕.
I must admit, that during lockdown I have not used Samsung Health much, but now that I have set it up, I can't see any ads appearing. Did they appear instantly for you, or after some time?
Do you have marketing notifications enabled in Samsung Health Settings?

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Yes the ads are there, mostly for Samsung apps or services, like shown in screenshots ryamoo below. At least we should have an option to dismiss them and only appear when a new ads is available or something.
0 Likes