Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad experience with one ui 5 beta

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 07:45 AM)
josephSabo
Explorer
Options
I shouldn't update to the beta version one ui 5. Contactless payments not working at all. Cannot pay my bills online through Google pay neither. Spotify music always stops and jumping back to the beginning of the track. Apps are just simple not compatible yet. I have a bad experience. 
How can I downgrade? 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dapp
Pathfinder
Options
Google pay does not work on the betas, never has. It was stated on the beta update notice.

To downgrade you have to do a factory reset
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
It's clearly stated on the Beta Programme notice and terms that certain applications such as banking & Google Pay may not function correctly or at all. By signing up then you are agreeing to the fact that you understood that and accept it. Beta software by it's nature is just that - software still under development. As for apps not being compatible then app developers will use the interaitive builds of the OS to make their own apps compatible with specific platform changes - that takes time.

It's never a good idea to run Beta software on your daily handset. Personally I have and have had no major issues; infact this Beta is probably the most stable one I've ran in the last few years.

Spotify issue may well be battery saving kicking in so is killing the app when handset goes to sleep. Check battery settings for it.
Try clearing the system cache as this will clean up and residual OS files from A.12 and the firmware update which may be conflicting.

Downgrade = Opt out of the Beta testing on this app and then connect to a PC running SmartSuite and choose the downgrade option.
SPUDWOLF
Voyager
Options
Regarding to Spotify. I had these issues but a recent Spotify update has seem to fixed this issue.

Therefore if these issues continue to happen I would recommend submitting a bug report to Spotify 👍
stuart78
Journeyman
Options
Don't contact Samsung to get help downgrading. They are useless been waiting 2 days for them to contact me. Was told it will be in within a day. When you get through the operators have no idea and fob you off
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @josephSabo

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Beta, I understand your frustration at the disruption of your everyday activities. 🙁 

Unfortunately, during the Beta Programme not all apps will work as expected, and this particularly affects Google Pay, which needs to be certified by Google. Due to compatibility issues, there may also be problems with third-party applications. Nevertheless, it is assumed that these problems will be resolved with the official release of the software.

If you would like to leave the Beta Programme, you need to withdraw the One UI Beta Programme in Samsung Members App on your device. To remove the beta SW, roll back to the previous version using the Smart Switch PC version on your PC. If you need assistance to roll back your software to the latest approved version, please contact Samsung Customer Service. 

disame
Explorer
Options
I have found that while Google pay does not work on my s22 ultra, I am still able to use Google pay on my watch 4. That has been my alternative while I wait for stable release
0 Likes