Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android auto / battery life

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 06:34 AM)
Stevengreen78
Student
Options
Had nothing but trouble since downloading the beta. Shorter battery life, can't connect properly to android auto in the car, phone constantly resets itself and overheats when connected. Constant freezing. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you cleared the system cache after installing Beta? Battery life seems improved for me and no connection issues.
Othacon
Pioneer
Options
@Richmar83 Same here regarding battery life, and noticed as well that the phone gets less warmer even while using android auto in wireless mode.
There's a few bugs all around the experience but in the overall found that is way faster and better, just needs the stable version to be released now
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
Battery life seems good for me, and the Android Auto issue was present in the non beta version. It is always good to do a full reset after installing the beta to clear out any left over bits of Android 12. Also with Android Auto, I have changed my setting to always connect and this has made a big difference to the disconnecting, doesn't happen for me now but overheating was present in Android 12 as it is now but only when Auto is connected.
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Stevengreen78 ,

I understand it's frustrating when your device gets in the way of your routine activities. 🙁 However, during the Beta Programme not all apps will work as expected. This is due to app incompatibility. Nevertheless, it is assumed that this problem will be resolved with the release of the official software version.

The same applies to battery performance, software is still in the optimization phase and battery performance can vary constantly and be unsatisfactory at times. 

Have you tried @theoracle 's tips? 🙂

0 Likes
Stevengreen78
Student
Options
Yes I understand there will be issues, and I have tried the above suggestions but still no better. The general battery life has shortened
0 Likes
4monkeys
First Poster
Options
Have you changed the cable? It may be as simple as that.
0 Likes