Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Drivers

(Topic created on: 01-11-2018 08:21 PM)
Fab582
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I have an USB HD, Samsung HD400LD usb, but I need his drivers because my system doesn't recognize it. I have Windows XP service pack 3.

Where can I download that driver ?

Thank you all

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Fab582 wrote:

Hi all, I have an USB HD, Samsung HD400LD usb, but I need his drivers because my system doesn't recognize it. I have Windows XP service pack 3.

Where can I download that driver ?

Thank you all

Hi @Fab582, can you try another port or device just to check?    By checking device Manager you may be able to update the Driver , there is Samsung firmware section but do not see this USB HD listed there https://www.samsung.com/uk/ssd/

It could be that you would need to partition/format the drive via the Disc Management,   more details in this article https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/external-drive-not-recognized-this-is-how-to-fix-it-in-windows/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dxdigg
First Poster
Options

Try to download the driver using this keyword:samsung hd400ld usb device driver in google search.

Reasons why the external hard drive not showing up Windows 10, 8, 7

When you use an external hard drive such as Samsung in different computers with a previous OS and it was previously working, a problem or issue may arise when Windows 10 not detect it or it is not showing up.

There is a possibility that something wrong with the driver software, it could be broken or outdated and you to update it by downloading the new driver software online.

Quick Fix

• Check the USB port, cable, and the connection if it is working properly
  • Check if your external hard drive can be recognized or detected in Disk Management
  • Troubleshoot the computer or laptop
  • Update the driver, check for software updates

If you can't fix the error, try to use the third-party data recovery tool to get back the data first.

Source: Quick Fix for External Hard Drive not Showing up on Windows 10

0 Likes
Sushant_OCV
Journeyman
Options

USB problem are also usually with Windows system, do not just blame your gadget.

See this forum USB Device Not Recognized

Hope you find the answer

0 Likes