Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 Connectivity Issues

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 11:41 AM)
AsylumStormy
First Poster
Options

When I turn on my computer and plug in the display port, it says no signal and shuts off after 3 seconds. I have contacted several Samsung support pros and followed their guidelines but got no results. Along with that, I noticed that no one else has a similar problem similar to mine. I believe I found the issue, but it's not fixable. I have an RTX 3090 with G-Sync on, which seems to cause problems for other people. Even when I factory reset the monitor to try and turn it off, it's ineffective. The other solution would be to switch the display ports or connect an HDMI port to the motherboard, but I have tried all of the possible options, and it doesn't work.

Edit 1: This happens to both of my monitors: individually or together.

Edit 2: Another solution is to replace your GPU, which might be faulty. That was my case.

60 REPLIES 60
Deivuzas
First Poster
Options

Looks like I worked out what was the problem.

It`s not much to do with Samsung monitors other than in order to use them you will need 1.4 or 1.3 DisplayPort cable. The problem is the graphics card firmware that is not working properly with 1.4 or 1.3 DisplayPort cable . Nvidia have released and update for all series of graphics card generations. NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID | NVIDIA (custhelp.com)   I have used this for My NVidia GeForce 3080 and it`s working fine now .  Other ways wait for next bios update as this is in bios level that needs to be updated. 

0 Likes
ZombieWorm
Explorer
Options

This was a suspicion, it did seem to be ampere cards (I have a 3090) but I could not see anyone with a Radeon 6000 to compare to. My issues have minimised since I got one of them endorsed cables but there is so much noise and rubbish posted by users its hard to separate the good stuff.

Thanks for sharing, I have not updated this firmware of the card yet but that would seem like a good fix. Is it mentioned in the nvidia logs at all (revision fixes etc)?

0 Likes
stopmosk
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem with monitor. Fixed it today with new DP cable.

0 Likes
y04
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. And I have updated the graphics card firmware, it's still not working. I didn't fix it with new DP cable either.

0 Likes
Deivuzas
First Poster
Options

Have you tried updating bios firmware , there is link : NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID | NVIDIA (custhelp.com) 

0 Likes
EladElg
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem,
I have Rtx 4090 there is an update for this GPU? 

0 Likes
Deivuzas
First Poster
Options
Not sure if they have released an update for 4090 yet . It's actually not a gpu software that needs upgrading, but the bios as it can't identify new types of connection like 4k or 8k displayport. So geforce have released temporary fix until next bios update. Try to research it online
0 Likes
Deivuzas
First Poster
Options

try this one NVIDIA GPU UEFI Firmware Update Tool | NVIDIA (custhelp.com) it says it`s for GeForce RTX 4090, GeForce RTX 4080 so it should work 

0 Likes
MakeSh00t
Student
Options

Hello to all. Everyone who has problem, problem is display port cable, it can not handle 10bit hdr with 240hz on.

So u go in osd and switch from 240hz to 144hz than it will work. Bandwith is bad on DP cable. Yes and firmware you need to upgrade to from nvidia. Problem is because monitor is made for AMD gpu it has Module AMD Freesync pro. And we all have NVIDIA gpu and that is why is the problem. If you try to find better cable good luck. Samsung will not provide better cable only original. Because i called them. They can not do anything. People are switching from UEFI to legacy. IF you have legacy enabled in bios monitor works no matter what refresh rate you have. But resizeable bar is disabled so performance loss can occur by 10 percent. Best option is to update your gpu firmware by nvidia and switch OSD to 144hz or 60hz does not matter. No need to go advanced display. DP cable can not handle that signal on nvidia to monitor so 144hz will work. But do not forget to get back to 240hz. Anyway we do not need to go to bios everyday.

Samour50
Student
Options

Hi the 144 Hz switch did not work from me. Did it work for anyone else? Right now the only way I can access the BIOS is to unplug the power cable from the G7 and use my second monitor. Not ideal but again we don't go to the BIOS that often. Anyone find any other solution?

0 Likes