Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician prompting 'update available' but all items up-to-date

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 04:44 PM)
matt37467
Student
Options

Magician software keep prompting for a firmware update but, both drive and Magician software are on the reported latest versions and no update option is available. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled Magician)

Magician 7.0.0

SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB current version 2B2QEXM7

SamsungMagician_ISU9fCQJ7u.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Shedhamster
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Trying to understand if this is somehow linked to Windows 11 issues with Samsung NVME SSD's running below quoted read/write speeds:-

https://www.theregister.com/2021/12/08/windows_11_slow_nvme/

Microsoft/Samsung seem a bit slow sorting this.

Adrian

matt37467
Student
Options

Hi Adrian

I don't think I am experiencing any performance issues (at least not noticeable at thjis stage).

Do you have the same drive?

Cheers

Matt

0 Likes
Shedhamster
Apprentice
Options

My Windows 11 PC has a 970 Evo Plus m.2 MVMe. The Windows 10 backup for this has just a fairly standard Samsung 860 SATA SSD. Both machines have been incorrectly flashing up that Magician has updates ready. I don't have the technical skills to check everything is 100% but always keep a watchful eye for reports of glitches such as this.

If you see any more knowledgable updates elsewhere I would be grateful if you could post a link.

Thanks

Adrian

0 Likes
Thedemonsmaster
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, happening for a few days now.
Samsung Magician V 7.0.0

Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Version 2B2QEXM7

Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series 240GB | Version DXM06B0Q

Everything is listed as up-to-date but the "please update your firmware" keeps popping up every day and is also shown in the app itself.

0 Likes
Shedhamster
Apprentice
Options

Todays Windows 11 Update seems to have more than doubled the Random Write Speed of my M.2 SSD:-

Shedhamster_0-1639508513906.png

It will be interesting if this is as good as it gets or there are more improvements yet to come from Samsung & Microsoft.

Adrian

0 Likes
M1_C0
First Poster
Options

yeah, it does exist a newer firmware but i'd rather wait for Samsung to fix its Magician app than upgrade the firmware through ol' "diskboot"..

also, is there a way to look at the changelog for the firmwares?

0 Likes