Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician fails to update

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 07:36 AM)
wcndave
First Poster
Options

When I am in Samsung Magician, it says Current Version 6.2.1 | New Version 6.3.0

And there's an update button.

When I click update, it shows a red warning message "Failed to update Magician.  Please try again."

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
wcndave
First Poster
Options

Is there anything I can do?

0 Likes
anaussiemale
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Been there a while now. No idea what to do either, 

0 Likes
anaussiemale
First Poster
Options

Went to the samsung magician website. downloaded the latest version there. didnt uninstall, just virus checked, then ran the download file. Was asked if desired to overwrite the existing, said yes.  Finished install ok. Magician interface seems to have been significantly altered. 

0 Likes
anaussiemale
First Poster
Options

Went to the samsung magician website. downloaded the latest version there. didnt uninstall, just virus checked, then ran the download file. Was asked if desired to overwrite the existing, said yes.  Finished install ok. Magician interface seems to have been significantly altered. 

0 Likes
tim-H
First Poster
Options

exact same problem at version 6.2.1 new version available. but failed to update magician..

WARNING with an 850 evo installing  version 8 of samsung magician is a mess.

most of the screens in the app say drive is not supported , RAPID mode is disabled, cannot over provison..

there are 3rd party sites with 6.3.0 available BUT there is a risk of viruses. I think I will just stick with downloads from samsung at ver 6. something.

0 Likes
abimocorde
First Poster
Options

Try disabling Rapid mode before. Reboot, Install the update.

0 Likes