Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVMe Driver for 990PRO 2TB not recognized in Magician

(Topic created on: 30-01-2023 03:33 PM)
alexpromak
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone

I installed a 990Pro on my Dell Precision 3571 as secondary disk.

I have updated the PC, bios included, I have updated magician to today's version (7.2.1), and windows is up to date. I tried to install Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 but during the installation I get the "device not connected" message.

After running a benchmark test I noticed the performance is low (3720MB/s sequential read, 2009MB/s sequential write) Samsung Magician shows me that the driver interface is not identified, I attach a printscreen of magician and the device manager window.. 

How can I install the driver for this disk correctly? can someone help me?

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
annietimg
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this post, it explains my issues connected externally.  I found the device in Device Manager as Other Storage, and Windows says best driver is installed.  When I looked online to see if Samsung had a download using your link, the Samsung page for drivers does not list the 990 Pro.  [The SSD firmware was available, though.]

Came across this in my quest for answers:

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-refusing-to-acknowledge-and-replace-990-pro-ssd-rapid-health-dro...

I have until tomorrow to return this - glad I did not rip apart my rig to install it.  Magician is one thing, but no updated 990 Pro driver and known performance degradation? I don't have time for that!

0 Likes