Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7 odyssey built in Crosshairs.

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 03:14 PM)
Greg83
Apprentice
Options

Hello every one. 

i recently bought a G7 for games and I found that it has built in Crosshairs like my previous ASUS monitor which is awesome! but my gripe is that they look terrible.. clearly who ever chose them for the monitor has bad taste in Crosshairs :smiling-face:

which has me wondering does any one know if they do a feature or software to edit the crosshairs or even add better ones? just a simple dot would be awesome but the ones provided are over sized...

Thanks in advanced.

10 REPLIES 10
nBlacky
Explorer
Options

I would like to have this option as well. 

KILLAmanJARRO
First Poster
Options

I second this motion..

Please add different size "dot" crosshairs in the next patch out firmware update! The ones provided suck donkey d!(|[...

Bastich
First Poster
Options

This seems like a simple firmware update. They need to add a simple dot. Maybe allow the size to be tweaked along with customizable colors instead of only 3 options. 

I do really appreciate the ability to move the crosshairs around, my old LG somehow lacked that simple feature. 

Lil Bob Dookie
First Poster
Options

I couldn't possibly agree more! This^^^ is my single biggest gripe with this monitor (aside from the abhorrent "JOG" button) and when you market a product to "gamers" the least you could do is address the one thing they complain the most about!? I bought this monitor at just $1k, as I'm sure many others did, I don't think it's a big-ask to get a firmware update that adds a SIMPLE DOT to my X-hair options!? I mean seriously who tf uses a 2in wide RECTANGULAR BOX as their on-screen x-hair?! I'll tell you who.... Absolutely NOBODY! At this point I'm actually considering painting my own dot directly onto the screen; unfortunately, that will negate any shot at reselling it, when the next "best" monitor comes to market. Very disappointed about this one Samsung. Huge FAIL.... Almost as big as your stupidly large x-hairs. 

KLM515
Apprentice
Options

I see nothing changed in years? 😕

I am sorry I cannot use the feature. Virtual Aim Point as it is is USELESS.

Fizzulin
First Poster
Options

Yea i would love a Dot over the bulky crosshairs they have on the G8

Greg83
Apprentice
Options
Nope, they've never listened to the people who buy their products and support them...
exhaustor
Student
Options

So I see after 2 years nothing changed. I just bought G70B and the crosshairs are awful and useless.

They are trying to be super cool with they high tech crosshairs but only 6 year old child would choose these horrible designs.

Whoever is behind this decision should be fired and replaced by someone with any gaming experiences.

Give us DOT, give us simple cross and give us size changing option! Thats it.

0 Likes
Dontbuynemore
Student
Options

Returning my monitor specifically because the crosshairs are absolutely atrocious. Purely asinine design.

0 Likes