Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

When switching on the TV, the sound from my new Samsung Soundbar takes 10 to 12 seconds to come through.

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 02:30 PM)
davedee
Explorer
Options

I have a Sky+ HD Box (no, I haven’t gone to Sky Q or Glass) and a Samsung UE43CU8500 (2023) 43 inch Smart TV. I use the Sky+ HD remote control for all aspects of viewing except when streaming. I do not use Wi-Fi etc. My internet to the TV is via a hard wire and for using the TV’s smart features I use the Samsung minimalistic solarcell Smart remote control.  (The more complex remote control which also came with the TV, and has over 40 buttons, gathers dust in a drawer …. and that is where it will stay !) When turning Sky and TV off, I use the Sky remote: press TV, press Standby, press Sky, press Standby. When turning Sky and the TV on, I press Standby. (I expect there are less complicated ways, but this is how I have turned then on and off for years.)

Because of the poor sound output from the TV I have very recently purchased a Samsung HW-S50B Soundbar. The sound output from the TV is now better, but I am still experimenting with various settings as it is all so new to me !  However, there is one aspect of the set up that I do find a bit odd ..  when turning Sky and the TV on, as usual by pressing Standby, sound does not come through the Soundbar until 10 to 12 seconds after the picture appears on the TV.  Is this common with Soundbars,  and I have therefore to get used to it, or can I change a setting, or two, to eliminate this lengthy pause?

To give some background, the settings I have used for those settings which I think may have a bearing on the above situation, are as follows:-   Picture Mode=Standard, Sound Output=Soundbar S5B Series (HDMI), Sound Mode=Standard, HDMI-eARC Mode=Auto, Digital Output Audio Format=Auto, and under Connection, External Device Manager, the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) mode is set so that the circle is, I think, coloured blue; which means I think it is set to on and uses a bit more electrical power than if it was set to off ?

I should add that I am not able to use Wi-Fi in this room and I do not possess a smart phone; I am definitely not very techie ! But I do know that I have the latest Software update installed on the TV and the Soundbar. Please ask if any further information is required.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks. Dave.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lance78
Voyager
Options
Yes I don't use the arc hdmi as have standard Freeview box my TV is ru7100kxxu I have an LG soundbar connected through optical. you should be able to connect optical cable to the sky box straight to the soundbar the sound has less to travel from instead of going to Sky box two TV then to soundbar

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
lance78
Voyager
Options
Have you tried an optical cable from TV to soundbar I do prefer the optical cable as it's thinner and it doesn't use HDMIports
0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

Lance, I haven't but I am beginning to consider that option. I am using HDMI at the moment because everywhere I read seemed to suggest that HDMI was the best method of connection, but perhaps that is only for picture quality ?  Thanks, suggestion appreciated, Dave.

0 Likes
Solution
lance78
Voyager
Options
Yes I don't use the arc hdmi as have standard Freeview box my TV is ru7100kxxu I have an LG soundbar connected through optical. you should be able to connect optical cable to the sky box straight to the soundbar the sound has less to travel from instead of going to Sky box two TV then to soundbar
0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

Lance, am I correct in saying that if I connect the soundbar to the TV (or Sky box) by the optical route,  I will have no need for the current HDMI connection to the soundbar ?   Many thanks, Dave. 

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Yes
0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

Lance,  all under control now. Very many thanks, Dave.

lance78
Voyager
Options
You will still need the hdmi arc to sky box then optical cable from TV to soundbar
0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Is the sound OK now
0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

Lance,   Just going out. I will reply  to you later this afternoon. Thanks, Dave.

0 Likes