Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C audio

(Topic created on: 29-01-2024 11:33 AM)
Simplesteve123
First Poster
Options
Are there plans to add bit perfect playback through the USB-C port like on ios to get around androids resampling of all hi-res audio to 48khz. I know google added the capability in android 14 but it relies on the app devs to use it'd be much better for the operating system to do it for all apps like ios. 
1 REPLY 1
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Short answer, get a Tidal or Qobuz hiRes plan and Buds2 Pro and forget the Audiophile hype, it is marginally better, but the convenience of wireless buds and the features is a clear win.

Either way try UAPP https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en&gl=US

HiRes Lossless is still better higher than Apple ALAC, that is if you pay for the HiRes Music (Tidal or Qobuz).

For a long time I used UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) App with an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt to wired Sony IEMs, but that only worked on WIFI, after allot of back to back listening with allot of mid range cans, buds (I am on Audiophile circa 25 years) decided the margin benefit versus the benefit was not worth it.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes