Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub country setting wrong

(Topic created on: 03-09-2017 05:33 PM)
BluRayN
Student
Options

Hi

I have a BD-J500XU model blu ray player with smart hub.  It's been working fine but about 5 weeks ago the All4 app stopped working.  It just froze when started.

So I looked on this helpful board and found the article

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/All-4-app-stopped-working-on-Smart-TV/td-p/233716

It advised me to do a reset then reload apps and set ids etc.

So I did the reset.  Unfortunately now the smart hub only offers me the United States as the country location in set up.  This gives me lots of apps but not the ones I really want like BBCiPlayer, All4 and ITVhub.  It does work tho, youtube and browser all work fine.

So I looked up how to reset the country and got a Samsung pdf which only works for TVs (requires key sequence with the MUTE button - there isn't one on the BluRay remote).  Then I found a website which says use FF289REV.  But this doesnt work either.  I tried it on at least 3 screens (start, at country set and when T&C are being confirmed).  I made sure I was in front of the sensor etc.

I am in the Uk by the way.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I am really frustrated as now I have gone from having a hub which gave me BBC &ITV to one which is essentially useless.

Thanks

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
BluRayN
Student
Options
sorry that should be BD-J7500XU model my typo Nick
Sren
First Poster
Options

Hi Nick

did you ever work out how to fix the problem? My blu ray player has done exactly the same thing! Only country option is USA and I'm in UK, after smart hub reset.

Completely stumped how to fix this!

Help!

Sharon

urm78
First Poster
Options

I know this is 3 years after this was last mentioned but did any one ever get a resoluution to this. I reset my player to clear a different issue and now i only have the USA as an option. very frustrating. neither smart hub reset or anything else seems to get the right region?

0 Likes
SpLiT
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue after resseting the Smart hub, because it was in German, after the reset I had only USA as country I live in. The solution is to factory reset the Blu Ray player. My model is BD-J7500EN and I had to keep pressed the stop button on the unit for more than 8 seconds, for other models sometimes you need to press play for more than 8 seconds. Just find out how to factory reset the unit and all countries reappear.

Good luck if you still use your Blu ray players!

0 Likes