Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Multiroom Tidal Log-in Issue

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 05:59 PM)
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

My previous post about this got flagged as Spam by some overly sensitive member for some reason (maybe they got a phobia of criticism?).

Anyhow, since yesterday, I have been unable to log-in to the Tidal music service in Samsung Multiroom?

It was working fine in the morning, then later in the day, "Invalid ID" message when trying to launch a playlist.

Has anyone else had any log in issues with Tidal and how was it rectified?

I've so far

• Uninstalled and re-installed the Samsung Multiroom app
  • Reset all 10 x R360 speakers
  • Changed Tidal password via their own website (so I know it's valid)
  • Reset router to factory settings
  • Used a different device (Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G and Tab3)

Yet, still I get the "Invalid ID" message when trying to play music using the Tidal service integrated integrated into Samsung Multiroom.

30 REPLIES 30
Julien17
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I have been unable to log-in to the Tidal music service in Samsung Multiroom for my WAM r6. It was working fine last week. But today I got "Invalid ID" message when trying to connect the service.

Do you have the same problem?

0 Likes
Thibault6
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue, not possible to connect to tidal with MultiRoom app.

it works fine with Spotify.

i see no new version of the app for 3years… that could explain the issue

same error message

0 Likes
Sito1
Pioneer
Options

Hola

Tengo el mismo problema, no es posible conectarme a tidal con la aplicación MultiRoom.

No veo ninguna versión nueva de la aplicación durante 3 años... Eso podría explicar el problema

Mismo mensaje de error

0 Likes
Thibault6
Journeyman
Options

I contacted the Samsung support team.

they are developing a fix for the Samsung MultiRoom application. It should be in production (a new version of the app will be available) soon.

Julien17
First Poster
Options

Sounds almost too good to be true. Did you contact the Samsung support team or the tidal support team? Unfortunately it looks that this product has been abandoned.  

0 Likes
Thibault6
Journeyman
Options

I contacted both but the issue is on Samsung MultiRoom side (an issue while connecting to Tidal authentication server).

Samsung support said that they will make a patch. I have unfortunately received no ETR. Hope it will be soon, Bluetooth works but not at good as WiFi 

(I edited my last post to be more precise)

0 Likes
Sito1
Pioneer
Options

It's a shame they don't come up with a solution quickly. The technical support service should be up to par. Changes cannot be made without fiddling with them first. Quality is as important as technical support and we have been dealing with this problem for more than a month

0 Likes
Thibault6
Journeyman
Options

Still no news from support team, i don't see any updatefor the MultiRoom app either for Android or Apple OS.

I called support again yesterday for an update, they hadn't any idea of what I was talking about and gentky asked me to use their WhatsApp messaging system (for those who didn't tried their messaging system, telling me to go *** myself would have sounded better).

I can't understand how Samsung can still advertise their MultiRoom App even for their new models and not do anything to keep it up to date. Some months ago it was an issue with Deezer servers now it's Tidal.

I'll wait a month or so then go to Sonos.

Sito1
Pioneer
Options

Why doesn't Samsung fix this problem? It's exasperating to have a soundbar with WiFi and not be able to use it. 

It's time to think about rebranding 

0 Likes
Thibault6
Journeyman
Options

Just saw in an other post (Samsung MultiRoom Tidal Login Issue - Samsung Community) :

And here I am again. The colleagues have confirmed to me that Tidal is no longer supported. However, you can alternatively connect your smartphone via Bluetooth and use the app. Warm regards

Sooo every call to Samsung support gives an other answer, what is wrong with Samsung support ???
never buying a samsung product ever again, quality of a product is dirrectly linked to the quality of the support, sooooo nope !

0 Likes