Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q950T soundbar won't hold D.IN input when eARC HDMI is connected to 2020 43" The Frame TV

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 07:33 PM)
pahill
Student
Options

I have a new Q950T soundbar (HW-Q950T/XU). This is connected via HDMI eARC to a new 2020 43" The Frame TV (QE43LS03TAUXXU) just for the sound inbound from the TV - there's no video passthrough on the soundbar. I also have an old Denon Hi-Fi sound system connected via Optical cable into the D.IN port.

I have found that whenever the TV is switched on it is not possible to change to the D.IN source input to hear the sound system. The display very quickly flicks to D.IN then immediately changes back to eARC. If the TV is turned off D.IN can be selected to hear the sound system, but within 10 minutes eARC is somehow reasserting itself and changing the audio feed back to eARC - even though the TV is off - and so cutting off the audio as there's no audio coming in on eARC. So the D.IN input source just will not hold to be on as the source when HDMI eARC is plugged in.

At first I thought maybe the optical cable was damaged and losing sync so I replaced it with a new one, with no improvement. Only when the HDMI eARC port cable is removed from the soundbar will D.IN stay connected and outputting the Hi-Fi's sound. There is nothing plugged into input ports HDMI1 or HDMI2 when this happens. Also, I am talking about eARC synchronisation - not regular ARC.

I have just updated the soundbar's firmware from 1016.0 to the latest 1017.5 with no improvement. The TV's firmware is also on its latest version which is 1402.6.

Is this a known issue that will get fixed in a future firmware update? Maybe it's the TV's firmware that's at fault by keep waking up the soundbar when it should be off and outputting nothing. Thankfully the TV's sound is more important to me right now so I am able to wait without being to use the Hi-Fi.

I am unable to get through to anyone on the Chat support. It just keeps saying ...really busy...nobody available... try the support forums.

Edit - PS: As a test, It makes no difference if I plug the HDMI source in through HDMI1 of the soundbar to pass through the video; eARC is still grabbing control with the TV switched off (in standby). With a hard power off of the TV then D.IN holds as that's the same as unplugging the eARC HDMI cable.

21 REPLIES 21
froggles
First Poster
Options

Anyone who knows more about HDMI eARC and CEC… could another workaround be to plug something between the soundbar and the TV? Is there something that could filter out the junk wake-up messages??

0 Likes
MattPanda
First Poster
Options

I’m having the exact same issue, I have 2023 Samsung Frame 75” and 2023 Samsung 9.1.4 soundbar, got vinyl record player connected via optical but soundbar keeps switching back to eARC straight away, only way it works is disconnecting HDMI cable from tv to soundbar which is inconvenient this occurs even with tv off and not in art mode although it would be nice to be able to listen to my records with art mode on, any solution other that turning eARC off yet? If I do that as previously mentioned can’t use atmos and other features without it and I spent a fair bit on the HDMI cable I’m using to achieve quality pic and atmosphere etc… not Happy Samsung! Don’t know if I would’ve had the same issue previously on my 65” Hisense tv and JBL 9.1 bar as never tried it on that but there’s got to be a way to fix this, if I change the input using the soundbar remote it should stay on the setting I want!

0 Likes