Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS650 Soundbar keeps powering off

(Topic created on: 28-09-2018 10:17 AM)
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

I have a 55" Q6FN TV running the latest 11.34 firmware and a MS650 soundbar running the latest 1146.4 firmware. I am using HDMI ARC from the soundbar to the TV.

If there is no audio for 5 minutes the soundbar powers down (such as when pausing a show in Netflix) and doesn't automatically return to life when audio returns, instead the audio plays via the TV speakers until I either manually power back on the soundbar or sellect again the soundbar from the TVs sound settings. According to the manual this in intended behaviour, but come on, how is this practical? I just got the soundbar yesterday and have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it.

Searching online I have found countless forum posts on other sites and the US version of this community with no fix. Please Samsung provide a solution for this!

PLEASE NOTE: setting auto power down to off while in AUX does not fix this issue for HDMI ARC.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

I contacted Samsung support via email and they are saying there are no know problems with their soundbars powering off after 5 minutes, despite the fact if search Google for 'Samsung soundbar auto power off', you'll instantly find numerous issues like mine from people. I guess this soundbar is going back.

0 Likes