Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-B450 woofer has strange backround noise spoiling the sound quality

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 10:03 PM)
Members_psqjLxj
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

just recently bought a new Samsung soundbar B450 which I am very pleased with but at low volume the woofer has a strange background interference noise. I updated the firmware Version 1026 and the problem remains.

Anyone had the same experience and is there a fix?

22 REPLIES 22
przemekb22
Journeyman
Options

@JJRNR4 

I'm waiting for a refund. The fault has been confirmed. I will buy samsung hw b550.
0 Likes
Hash4
First Poster
Options

Is any official announcement for refunds from samsung?

0 Likes
mzm
Student
Options

same problem here, just bought the soundbar and the background echo/interference/noise from the woofer (as somebody mentioned earlier, it sounds exactly like a hard drive seeking) is annoying as heck. since so many people are having this problem it has to be a manufactorer issue

Sam581
Apprentice
Options

Samsung aren’t helping to solve the issue. 
I’ve noticed that it stops when I mute the soundbar so must be a sound problem. 
Samsung need to recall the product. 

mzm
Student
Options

well, I ended up returning the 450 to the retailer and got the 550 instead which doesn't have this issue

Ryan1990
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar issue but with the hw-650 but my sound is like a distortion/whirling sound from tge subwoofer at low volumes and ruins any speech. I have already exchanged it once and it has the same issue.

Mine also cuts out and displays "TV arc" again as if its reconnected. 

Looks like I might have to down grade to the b550 if that seems to be OK.

0 Likes
Pleh
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem, and it frustrates me that it is still not solved by Samsung. 

I have contacted all support centers out there, but all they say is to update software, and I already did that, didn't help me. 

Any news from any of you guys? 

0 Likes
Sam581
Apprentice
Options

I’m still getting the same issues but Samsung have been reluctant to do anything. I don’t know what the best next step is

Members_h23vOY1
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. WTF Samsung. Really bad experience

Derwood27
First Poster
Options

Has there been any resolution to this? HW-B450 paired with a new Samsung TV here, both with a fresh firmware update. No resolution to the background noise that some describe as a "Hard Drive searching". There is something in the wireless transfer of signal that is not right. I am ready to scrap mine and switch to a Bose.

Has Samsung offered any resolution?

Severely disappointed.