Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free UHD films.

(Topic created on: 04-01-2018 07:26 AM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Registerd for x10 free uhd films on the samsung website when bought my tv, and still not heard back and wondering if anyone has done this and what to do?

212 REPLIES 212
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Same here, the TV plus credits/vouchers don't show up in Rakuten's systems it seems ... no responses from Samsung or Rakuten. So annoying. If you're going to do a nice promotion like this, do it right  :manmad:

0 Likes
Ashgooner
First Poster
Options

@Cgs1011wrote:

Same here, the TV plus credits/vouchers don't show up in Rakuten's systems it seems ... no responses from Samsung or Rakuten. So annoying. If you're going to do a nice promotion like this, do it right  :manmad:

Not sure if you're aware but you have to go to channel 4002 and select from the ones there, in fact any of the 3 or 4 channels from 4000 you can use the vouchers on

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Yes, thanks I'm aware of that.  The vouchers show up on my Samsung account but somehow Rakuten/TV Plus don't "see" them.

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Yes, thanks I'm aware of that.  It just doesn't work.

0 Likes
Ashgooner
First Poster
Options
What email do you use, the only reason I ask is I used Google, Google works if I use @Google or @gmail but I wasn't aware that Samsung didn't recognise them as the same only by chance I changed which way I put it they showed up, in effect I have 2 Samsung accounts but emails go to same account
0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, not using Google or gmail email.

I just don't understand why they don't issue Rakuten codes ... 

0 Likes
Ashgooner
First Poster
Options

Would make sense..... so do you get as far as seeing the options of the films on the channels then when you go to use a voucher they are not there? 

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

I think I've cracked it now. You have to put a card in first but it won't let you do it on a browser (I tried and tried!) so you have to do it through the Samsung account on the tv. So it now works and somehow you're supposed to know that you have to proceed with a payment instead of finding a way to use the vouchers.  However, now, the UHD option has disappeared from most films and they only appear as HD... Only expections are a handful of films (maybe 12?) where you can rent a UHD version using your vouchers...  I can't wait to delete the TV Plus and Rakuten apps... 

It'd be so easy to run this promotion well. 

0 Likes
Ashgooner
First Poster
Options

The ones on 4002 are the uhd choices but there are a few on the other 4000 numbered channels as well, when you select one sometimes it lists a uhd option as well.  As far as I'm aware you can use the vouchers on the hd movies as well.

0 Likes
Cgs1011
Apprentice
Options

Yes indeed. That's good at least. 

0 Likes