Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ clearview cover scratches my screen

(Topic created on: 21-08-2017 04:22 PM)
Jsoto89
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had the same problem with their Clearview? My cover keeps scratching my screen on the same part where the circle is on the cover. This is the second s8 plus that this has happen to15033289045911672081213.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
GoetschalckxN
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue, although I have a normal Samsung Galaxy S8 (not a plus). I already left a comment on this thread (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Clearview-cover-s8/m-p/283275#M880...) but this thread is a better one. I strongly hope Samsung jumps in...

0 Likes
DVP
Student
Options

Yes it looks that way mate. A design fault which happened eith previous models as well. I had a big argument with samsung and requested to speak to the big boss or the customer relations manager as i wasn't willing to take the phone back without a remedy. Eventually they agreed to replace both the screens and give me a $50 gift voucher as an apology. Got my phone back now all repaired and I've used that $50 voucher to get a genuine screen protector which is available now.

0 Likes
Grego
First Poster
Options

Thank so for replying. 

I had to do a sit in Friday and now it is escalated. They were meant to call me Friday and still haven't heard.

They admitted an issue with the cover and would replace if it was only that. I stated that is all I am requesting. They said there is also a crack in the screen. I said I am not interested in them fixing the crack just the scratches and to five me a cover that won't scratch. They kept going back to the crack because they said that would then be repaired too. Seeing as they replaced it with a J1 with no charger and no way to get to my secure folders along with being in a 700 only ghz band area they cost me heaps in lost business. 

Then I was told the shop that only says Samsung wasn't Samsung. When I asked them the company name to sue sue compensation they refused. They then replaced my loan phone with an s6 which has fixed some issues but still no service even though I was told it was 700 MHz which is 4g and requires broadband share from what I understand.

I hope they give me a little more than a $50 voucher for this run around. I was all about iPhone  until the S8 and now have the 3D camera ,VR 3D and 3s watch. Until this episode I have been wrapped with Samsung and products and have sold heaps through my recommendations. Then this run around leaving a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

please Samsung make this right. Your case was faulty and my screen cracked somewhere between realising the glass was scratched a few weeks ago and traveling 2 hours to your nearest service agentcosring me more than a screen just in the travel.

service number ********** Joondalup shop. You will see the circus on my file no doubt or happy to run you through the sewerage I have just had to wade through with no contact since Friday morning even though I was assured I would get an updateFridau afternoon. about repair. I still have  no phone service on my property where I live on my own and relying on a huwai dongle that has 700mhz. Not playing fair guys and if something happens to me while having no phone it's all on you.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Unsure about Samsung's policy elsewhere, but the best thing to do if you’re in the UK or Éire is to take both your phone and the relevant cover/case (along with proofs of purchase for both) to your nearest Support Centre to get them properly inspected.

@Grego: None of us UK moderators are able to access non-UK records, so I can't check into your case for you, I'm afraid. :robotsad: (Edit: I've also edited out the service number as it's classed as part of your personal info.)

0 Likes
Grego
First Poster
Options

Thanks

I didnt know I was on a UK site.

Perhaps ypu could pass my disapointment on?

Curious why a proof of purchase is requored for a product only out for aboit 6 months?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Grego wrote:

Thanks

I didnt know I was on a UK site.

No worries. Happy to have non-UK/Irish folks here - just that my powers in what I can do for you guys are a bit limited. :robotembarrassed:

Curious why a proof of purchase is requored for a product only out for aboit 6 months?

As far as I understand it, it helps verify that it’s a genuine Samsung product as well as tracing particular supply chains.

0 Likes
samoo
Student
Options

I've had my s8 + clearview cover for about 6 months now. When I was attaching my brand new gear vr I noticed tiny scratches under where the circle plastic is located. No doubt it's caused by the plastic piece, so I removed it. Under the plastic piece there is a magnet and the plastic itself just covers the magnet. The damage is so minor and hard to notice that i'm okay with it but I won't put the plastic piece back, maybe replace it with a piece of a micro fiber or just leave the magnet like that without the plastic. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Otherwise the screen is sctrach free.

0 Likes
PROsiaq
First Poster
Options

Hi. I've got the same issue. On my s8 there is a lot of scratches on circle position. I contacted the Samsung and they told me that is my fault. Do you have some ideas what to do in this situation?

0 Likes
Reaster
Student
Options

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having the same issue. I contacted Samsung and told them that my screen was in perfect condition, except where the plastic circle touched the glass. I had hairline scratches in a circular pattern, in only that one location. They tried to say that it was caused by debris between the glass and the cover, but I pointed out that it was highly unlikely, if not impossible, for debris to only scratch the screen exactly where the plastic circle is located. You need to tell them that this is a design defect in their product and that it is doing the exact opposite of what it was intended to do. After I pointed this out over multiple phone calls, they told me to send in my phone, which they eventually fixed, free of charge. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.   (P.S. Samsung, if you're reading this, please stop producing these cases, it makes no sense to have to use a screen protector in order to use one of your cases.)

0 Likes
samoo
Student
Options

https://imgur.com/a/eEXEj

Here's how the actual magnet looks like after the cap is removed.

0 Likes