Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost impossible to create passwords

(Topic created on: 24-07-2024 02:36 PM)
eurofis
Pioneer
Options

If you have purchased a samsung product unfortunately you have to get a Samsung account 😞

And to get an account you have to choose a password which Samsung suggests must contain letters, numbers and specials characters.

This idea may work well if you are in Asia, but in europe you are in deep troubles:

E.g. I provide a password longer than 8 chars with letters, numbers and as a special character I chosed the euro sign "€". And of cause the error message is useless. Why don't Samsung write "missing special character"?

Long times experimentation revealed that only few special characters are recognized as so.

Please do not revile in the style of "I do understand your frustration...", but simply reply with a link to a list of valid characters.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This question is concerning the Samsung Account password and special characters.

@eurofis  Have you tried using @,=,#,! for instance.      I have not had a problem myself.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
eurofis
Pioneer
Options

I finally made a password using "!" or else I could not start this thread :winking-face:

I try to avoid obvious special characters like "!" because that is what all people do. They just replace an "i" with a "!" and that is worth nothing.

If you want to force users to use specials characters, and special characters is not any character beyond letters and what you use for numbers (like ,.-), then you should define special characters or at least test your code with some non trivial cases.