Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S3 won't turn on after battery is drained

(Topic created on: 13-07-2018 09:23 PM)
lorecast162
Student
Options

Hello. Today my Tab S3's battery went to 0%, it shut itself off but it stays in a state where charging it won't show anything on the screen and my Back and Multitask buttons remain lit. I have read of this issue on the internet.
I have some quite important data on this tablet and if it needs a mobo swap I'm screwed.

What should I do?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lorecast162
Student
Options

Thanks for telling me but fortunately (thank god) I fixed it another way around.

I just left it there without charging for the whole night, then this morning I plug it in, let it charge to 15-20% and: IT'S ALIVE!

As for the hard-reset, I could not do it, no matter what I did, I couldn't get out of such state, no button combinations could get it out of it.

View solution in context

Solution
AntS
Options

Glad to know you got it sorted, @lorecast162:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Just to add: I've had success in the past with a soft reset (press Power and Volume Down simultaneously for about 10 seconds) whilst the tablet's connected to a computer via USB.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @lorecast162

Let the charging continue because when a battery is fully depleted it can take a while to kick in again when charging. 

Try another charger cable and brick just in case. 

Perhaps try the 1st method in the following link although unfortunately a hard reset can delete your data.

Hopefully you back up regularly. 

Samsung-galaxy-tab-s3/hardreset/first-method.

And or try hooking it up to a computer to see if it'llet.you access it that way although in most instances there's a pop up that needs confirming on the screen which in your case could pose a problem. 

Another option is to use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
lorecast162
Student
Options

Thanks for telling me but fortunately (thank god) I fixed it another way around.

I just left it there without charging for the whole night, then this morning I plug it in, let it charge to 15-20% and: IT'S ALIVE!

As for the hard-reset, I could not do it, no matter what I did, I couldn't get out of such state, no button combinations could get it out of it.

Solution
AntS
Options

Glad to know you got it sorted, @lorecast162:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Just to add: I've had success in the past with a soft reset (press Power and Volume Down simultaneously for about 10 seconds) whilst the tablet's connected to a computer via USB.

Keva69
Apprentice
Options

Power and Vol down worked for me too.. Mine wasn't flat, when I actually got it back on it was fully charged.. Just wouldn't start, tried all of the combinations of power, vol up and home buttons. None of these worked. Many thanks AntS.. Oh, I did also have it connected to the PC at the time, mainly as I got the connection sound reaction from the PC so thought something must be happening..

ShaahJ
First Poster
Options

My tablet had the same problem except there was no indication of power at all. It just happened instantly when I removed my memory card where my battery was at 90%. Thankfully the solution suggested by AntS worked wonders, which was by pressing both the power button and volume down button simultaniously. Also note that while I was doing this, I  had already connected my tablet to the original Samsung charger. Thank you AntS and everyone else for your helpful suggestions.

0 Likes
Rob000
First Poster
Options

My tablet was running low (42%) and wouldn't charge on any charger I could get my hands on. Wall or via PC. I tried fast charge, the old regular chargers and via PC all with no luck. I had been in a meeting and used a universal charger on the table and this must have caused a glitch. I could still access files when plugging in to PC. SOLUTION: plug in a USB datastick, access a file, unplug USB datastick then plug in to a charger. It worked for me.

0 Likes