Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy tab s4- how to disable screen turn off when the keyboard comes off.

(Topic created on: 05-09-2018 06:20 PM)
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

when I remove the tablet from the keyboard, the devices screen will turn off. I already know there is now way to disable this, But I was just hoping to raise awareness towards this topic. I think this would help. alot

Go to solution
47 REPLIES 47
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

No, your right. It is a downer that this feature wasn't implemented. Sadly, challenging the vendor wont do any good, as thos matter has been brought to the attention of Samsung themselves, and they said nothing would be done. If you have a better way of interacting with the software team behind the tab, let me know. This thread was first to address if it was possible to remove the keyboard cover without it turning off the screen. So my response was to a random. I think it is possible, and I know they were unwilling based off of this forum. Maybe if there were multiple forums on this topic they would add that option, would you be willing to help me out?

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

Would you be allowed to give us the response of the team you contacted? I'm curious on what they have to say.

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

Also I would like to apologize for my response as it was for a different thread. I do my typing if I'm at home on grammarly and I copy paste my response to a forum, i was responding to someone who brought up if it was possible to find magnetic tape thin enough to place on the flap unnoticed, and since I find responses to threads in my email, yours was the most recent one and I pasted that response under this thread, my bad.

AtiwitW
Apprentice
Options

It's been 5 months since you've added a request, is there any updates?

I still have to turn on the tablet again every time I disconnect from the keyboard to write down or draw something (on the same document). I wish it were more seamless... Please make it happen... Please...

The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

The man who helped me said that he checked with the team twice and there's nothing they are willing to do at the moment. Something about software and UI? What helps me, is when switching to Dex mode or tablet mode I remove the keyboard during that process, as it doesn't turn off the screen. Every now and then if I'm lucky I'll remove the keyboard while holding down the alt button ( any button would do.) and the screen doesn't turn off.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@The_Kangaroo: Their response was:

This is a concept design, there are no plans to implement this suggestion at the moment. We appreciate it, looking forward to the next one.”

Which was pretty much what DannyT relayed earlier in the thread.

When I followed it up, my contact confirmed that it was the same concept for the Tab S4 as for the Tab S3.

Not much to go on for our contacts or for us, sadly.

“Concept design” translates as the overall design ethos/intention that the product was originally made with - and that the developers like to keep to (both in a hardware and software sense). Not entirely sure what the advantage of a permanent screen auto-switch off when the keyboard is unplugged would be though. :thinking-face:

0 Likes
snug
Journeyman
Options

This is a badly needed feature, frankly the keyboard is pretty terrible in several respect, chief among which the commonly reported double letter occurence.

But to not change an update within the software that will allow for the screen to staay on upon disconnection of the keyboarrd is frankly quite patheetic.

They use a similar design to the microsoft surface and the ippad pro, neither of which have this increedibly annoying feature. 

I'm sorry Samsung but frankly you have to do better, you've charged everyone a very premium pprrice (wow how many double theree?) for honestly, a pretty average product with average specs.

And it''s not good enough

Next time i'm going with a google pixel and likely an ipad pro.

One thing to have an initial version of a product that has bugs, another entirely to not respect and respond to the feedback given by a large nuumber of your customers. This is the part that is unacceptable, not going to invest any more money into the company that doesnt heed the advice of it consumers.

(As you can tell I've not removed the double letter on purpose. Hot ***** this thing is a ppain in the ass)

d2a007
First Poster
Options

Please change this, its very annowing when I'm going from typing to something else and the screen auto locks on me. I also have a micro keyboard I use sometimes and if it's connected at the same time i have to either find it to type in my pin or put the tablet back on the keyboard and unpair the micro keyboard then take it off the case keyboard to lock it and then use the on screen keyboard to type in the pin. I'm starting to think I like the bluetooth $20 generic keyboard cases on amazon better.

Neo314
Apprentice
Options

Ditto. This is a needed feature.

Winter_mute
Apprentice
Options
It is so true! I've switched to Galaxy S9+ from iPhone and was so inspired with Samsung that decided to buy Tab S4 to replace my old iPad. And I am terribly upset with it because all the features which looked interesting in promo (like DEX, keyboard and stylus) were not thoroughly thought through and are not working stable.

Also I believe that having so much replies and likes in this topic means that it's status is far away from "Solved"
0 Likes