Support

Open search

my phone number unknown

Highlighted
Explorer

Thank you so much for replying and your suggestion.

However, on teh Galaxy S6, within call settings there's no option to choose sim or anything else.

Highlighted

I think there's no way to edit it using android nowadays without deep knowledge. 

I managed to edit mine using an old Blackberry Bold. Though you should be able to do it using any BBOS 7 phone. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I figured it out, am feel like an *****. Lol The device had the number listed as mine because an old sim card was inserted that was assigned that number . Remove sim card and number goes away. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Do you have a sim card inserted? The device will list the number assigned to the sim card its reading.

Highlighted
Observer
My mobile number is always withheld which means nobody answers when you call them so im having same problem . Whats the point in joining this community when samsung dont have a moderator to solve these same numerous issues that all users dont have the answers to.
Highlighted
I had same problem for 3 weeks.contact your providers they will go into your account and fix it.
They fixed my.
Highlighted
First Poster
Thank you.
I could call out but wasn't receiving calls after I switched from Safe-link because I never had data from Safe-link.
The Truconnect SIM worked right away and I finally had Mobile Internet.
I didn't know the SIM came with it's own phone number.

Highlighted
First Poster

Morning,

I was able to sucessfully accomplish this by inserting the "SIM" into iphone 6s, go to Settings > Phone > My Number.

Here you can set your phone number e.g [+61 430000000] and save it. Change the country code as required to match your country code.

Now if you insert the SIM in any android phone (I tested in Samsung Galaxy Note10+), you will be able to see your number.

Hope this will help someone out there or incase I forgot  

Highlighted

It worked.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Man sorry to say,but I am using the same galaxy note 10 plus 5g 256 GB but this dsnt work.it only updates profile sharing.not the Settings》 AboutPhone》Phonenumber. It still states unknown; unknown .Since I am using dual sim card.And yes my device is carrier unlocked.

Top Liked Authors