Support

Open search

Thin pink/red line on the right of my S7 edge

SOLVED
Apprentice
Hi! This irritating line appeared yesterday from the top to the bottom of my S7 edge. I tried to restart and it went away but it has come back again - this time I can't get rid of it! Any ideas on what this is?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Hi there! The pink line was a fault with the screen so I had to go to a support centre to get it replaced ☹️. Same day repair so not too much of a hassle. Hope your issue gets resolved soon!
Apprentice
They offered me a postal repair or to go to a centre so I'd assume both these options are fine. I heard that you can get it fixed in Carphone Warehouse (Geek Squad) so I'd check this out as well.
20 REPLIES 20
EmmaS Moderator

Hi there, Jamie14!

Has your phone been dropped or subject to any damage or liquid? Does the line appear more visible when on anything in particular? 

EmmaS

Apprentice
No water damage at all. The line just randomly appeared while I was browsing the internet. It is more visible on white backgrounds. It doesn't show up on screenshots as well.
EmmaS Moderator

Sounds like the best people to help you with this, would be one of our engineers. Do you have one of our Support Centres nearby? 

Apprentice
Yes I do thankfully. Would I need to bring in a proof of purchase?
Highlighted
EmmaS Moderator

Great! Pop in, and one of our tech guys will be happy to help. 

We advise you to take your phone in with your receipt and your charger. Please back up your data prior to your visit and remove any cases, covers, SIM/SD cards. 

Hope this helps! :robothappy:

Apprentice
Thanks! I have noticed that if I do a hwmoduletest (*#0*#) and choose the blue colour it goes away. I am doing this until I can get myself into a service centre.
Apprentice
Also, I didn't buy direct from Samsung but from Tesco. Is it OK if I bring in my Tesco receipt as proof?
AntS Moderator

Yep. It is. :robothappy:

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Did you get this sorted?  A line appeared on mine about the same time as you by the sounds of it.  Just installing the lastest update now - hoping this resolves it!

Thanks
Sam

Top Liked Authors