Support

Open search

Samsung downscaling apps without user consent, causing display problems

First Poster

It has come to my attention that Samsung have a feature whereby apps are downscaled to preserve battery life, these settings can be changed by downloading Samsung's Game Tuner app from the app store. Sadly on my Samsung Galaxy A5-2017 it downscales to 75% of the native resolution by default, even when the Game Tuner app is not installed. I find this very annoying as I am currently developing an app, and it will not display correctly on Samsung devices for this reason.

I have contacted Samsung Developer Support on the 30th of March and as yet I have had no response.

Lets have a look at some screenshots (make sure to enlarge them to view full sized image):

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180329-180909.pngSamsung downscaled: display problemsdonuts.pngHow it should lookScreenshot_20180329-182739.pngSamsung downscaled: display problemswatermelon.pngHow it should lookScreenshot_20180329-182850.pngSamsung downscaled: display problemsshredded.pngHow it should look

This app is available in the google play store named "Play with Particles" and it has a free "lite" version if any of you would be so kind as to test it on your devices and see how it displays that would be much appreciated.

Top Liked Authors